[LE] Advert Attack

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Anfan, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

<<Click here to play!>>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    700+ | First Place | Second Place | Third Place

Part 1, About the Game
    You're playing Ace Zafara, trying to "race" another pilot in a different space shuttle thingy. Basically, you click little "GO!" signs to make Ace Zafara fly further; to win you just have to get to the end of the race before the other guy. Points are awarded for winning the race (and you get to continue to the next "level"); bonus points are awarded for how quickly you can win the race. Straightforward game, until pop-ups start appearing...

Part 2, Interface and Gameplay

[​IMG]

Top half of the screen displays how far you've traveled vs. how far your opponent has traveled. You can ignore this entire section of the screen; if you need to see where you are you're probably losing anyways.

Bottom half is the area in which the "GO!" buttons pop up; just click it with your mouse. You need to hit the "GO!" 24 times per level to advance to the next level. Simple enough.

After the initial level, though, pop-ups start appearing. (Apparently some sort of scheme on Sloth's part to generate some extra revenue, etc.) More about those in the next section.

Part 3, Tips

1) PLAY THIS GAME ON THE SMALLEST RESOLUTION POSSIBLE.
    The logic behind this is simple - smaller screen=> less far to move your mouse between clicks=> faster clicking=> finish the game faster=> more bonus points=> higher score. (Once I read this tip somewhere, I have yet to be unable to defeat the game.)

2) IF THE POPUPS AREN'T IN YOUR WAY, IGNORE THEM.
    Sometimes you're going to have a pop-up that's annoyingly covering half your bottom screen. So long as the "GO!" is on the other side, though, just ignore the pop-up and keep hitting that "GO!" button.

3) IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS FASTER TO MOVE POP-UPS THAN CLOSE THEM.
    This is especially true for the pop-ups that are larger windows. To move a pop-up, you can click anywhere along the top bar of it, then just drag and let go. Much faster than finding the small x. Just drag them to the bottom or side of your screen, and leave them there.

4) Some pop-ups can be closed not only by the little x, but also by hitting the "No" option on ones like "Would you like to set your homepage to virtupets.com?" (Or something like that.) Warning, though - the gross foods pop-up can only be closed by hitting the close the window option, and you can't move it. (Quite annoying when they stack up.)

5) You have 9 "months" (levels) in which to rack up 700 points. Defeating the game is pretty easy (defeating it fast enough for a trophy is the hard part), so scoring 700+ per game is pretty easy. (Just from having gotten the avatar for myself and others a few times, I can regularly score 800+. There's a reason ~70% of people on avatarlog have this avatar, game though it may be.)

6) If you're going to pass by a pop-up on your way across the little screen from one "GO!" to another, close the pop-ups your mouse passes by on the way. Don't ever go out of your way to close all the pop-ups, but if there are some that could potentially be in the way and are convenient to close, just close them.

Part 4, "Cheats"

1) Type nopopups to clear all the current pop-ups on your screen. You can type "nopopup", then just hit the last "s" when you need it. (Honestly, though, I've never used this cheat once. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Pretty short guide, yes, but this game is also pretty straightforward. Feel free to post any comments, questions, or (preferably constructive) criticism.
    (And please no plagiarism. I wrote this guide myself, after having looked up any cheat codes there may be to this game.)​

2. Toom

Toom Level I

Re: [Guide] Advert Attack (Legit)

Thank you will try it now, although i'm pretty good at this game anyway, but not good enough to get a trophy, maybe this will change that :)

3. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

Is there an illegit way to play advert attack? Like a program that can remove the ads in the game?

4. BlazinDivah

BlazinDivah Level III

Something Has Happened!
    You are now eligible to use 'Ace Zafara' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Whoo thank you anfan XD

5. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..

I'm not sure, but actually the legit way is pretty easy.

6. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

Erm there is a program that slowers the game speed for you.
    So it would be much easier to get the score you need for the avatar. You can use this with petpetsitter aswell ;)
    But I would recommend you to just do it legitly. It's quite easy if you get the hang of it.

7. BlazinDivah

BlazinDivah Level III

making the sceen image small really is what got it for me XD
    thanx again anfan :)

8. poppedhart

poppedhart Level I

Guide just helped me get the av :) ty

9. wico

wico Newbie

I got the avy now *--*