[LE] Gourmet Club Bowls Avatar

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Rise and Fall, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

[​IMG]
    Dr. Grumps
    Submit a score of 900 points or more in Gourmet Club Bowls to get this avatar.

The Game:
    Ok the idea of this game is pretty simple, get your ball closer to the White Ball, than your opponent.

Key points:
    -Each player gets to throw 4 balls.
    -If you knock the white ball off the field, your opponent automatically gets 2 points.
    -If you have 2 Balls closer to the white ball then your opponent, you get 2 points, if you have 3 balls closer, 3 points, and so on.

Obstacles:
    There are 2 obstacles that can hinder your play, however they aren't a big deal.
    -Banana Peel makes your ball shoot off in a different direction
    -Symol Hole will eat up your ball if you land it in the hole, and you will be out that ball, no re-shooting

Tricks for Avatar:
    Ok, here's where getting the avatar comes.
    There are 2 "cheats" for this game:
    Type superbowl at any point of a level to skip the level (not so much help for avatar, but useful if you want to skip a level)

For the AVATAR:
    On the title screen type shepherd and you will double your points.
    I managed to get enough points for the avatar after 2 rounds using this.

If you notice any mistakes, typos, any wrong information, or have stuff to add please don't hesitate to let me know.

This is a great addition that goes further into the actual gameplay. Thanks for the addition!

2. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Hold a transparent ruler up to the screen, and line up the line of fire of your ball with the white ball.

You'll need to drag the power bar to about the tip of the Cybunny's ears; that's sufficient to get to the distance of the white ball, but of course play with it as necessary.

You get points for every point your opponent scores, so if you're about to win (remember that it takes 7 points to win) either knock the white ball out a couple times, or let your opponent win a few rounds so that you'll get more points at the end. (Be careful not to lose by mistake, though!)

If your ball hits another ball, the momentum of your ball gets transferred to that ball. In other words, you can hit your own balls (weird sounding, eh?) to get them closer to the white ball; same with your opponents' balls to get them further away. This also means that if you hit a ball that hits the white ball, the white ball will move - very useful for if your opponent is far closer to the ball than you are; hit their ball and the white ball will move further away. (Play with angles here.)

Although this probably isn't necessary for the avatar, you'll see that the balls (like almost every game on Neo) can bounce off the walls. In other words, if you aim up or down with enough power the ball will bounce and get to your target - this takes a lot of practice to do, and probably won't be necessary, but it can come in handy in later levels, especially against the opponents who DO do that.

The "Symol Hole", as Rise and Fall apparently calls it (I'd say a black hole) warps the "gravity" around it. In other words, shoot your ball slowly near it (without letting the ball get sucked in, of course), and the ball's path will bend around the black hole. You can use this to your advantage to get closer than your opponent, esp. if the white ball is behind the direct line of the black hole

Rise and Fall likes this.
  3. Alchumena2

Alchumena2 Newbie

I can't play this game on my computer. Some one knows what to do?

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Wow.. thats a great starting point ;) Please edit that post (use the edit button!!) with more information as to why it wont work. Include what you're using to open it (browser) and any error messages you receive. Also, make sure you have Flash and all that stuffs installed and up to date!

alternatively, PM me the info. I'll try to help fix the issue.

5. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

it's a shockwave game, you need to have shockwave to play it

6. kitsune

kitsune Newbie

I have the same problem... But, I have Shokwave installed, the game just doesn't load D= I tried downloading again, but, the same problem... I guess, it's fate? lol

7. Dora

Dora Level I

^ i had the same problem it's terrible even tho my shokwave is totally up2date

8. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

update to this guide

shockwave is really messed up

I had to download the safari browser in order to get this game to work...and even then it took loading it a few times before it actually worked.

9. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

10. snob

snob Newbie