LeBron James to the Miami Heat!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lightning, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

I saw that too. Since I'm from Florida, I was sorta rooting for him to join the Heats :p But I kinda figured he would join Miami, there have been pictures of him real recently in the Miami area... paarrtyyingg it up.

3. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

I'm currently living in ohio...and man...ever since he announced that I've heard nothing but flaming him up! 95% off my facebook friends have him in their statuses... and they arent nice.. hahahaha.

go to cavs.com and read the letter.

4. singapore

singapore Level III

lol the sale of the season tickets for Heat's matches have stopped..not that i can attend one though :D

can't wait for the season to start now !!

well..the least that cavs can do is to appreciate what james have done for them..not do this kinda thing to him now that he decided to go..

5. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, I just look at it like it is what it is. Just hope the cavs are better without him..well eventually. i would honestly love to see the cavs win a championship before him though. that would be so epic. lol
    We still have shaq though :D

6. odieboy

odieboy Level II

7. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

If the city of Cleveland's economic success is solely based on one team, let alone a single player, then something is obviously wrong and the city should be worried about other things rather than trying to keep one player on the cavs.

8. odieboy

odieboy Level II

Well put. But you can't help but still feel sympathy for those die-hards. And kittens. Kittens are deserving of all sympathy. :yup:

I wouldn't be surprised if we here a James-related disaster in Cleveland like a man getting drunk and ramming his car into a wall within the next week. (Okay maybe that's a little exaggerated)

9. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Haha, well I know cleveland fans are burning Lebron's stuff..left and right...lol....
    I got invited to an event called the "lebonfire" lol, like 1200 people in my area are going to burn his stuff in one bonfire....lol!!!

10. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

Yeah. One of my friends from the area said that while he was holding his press conference, there was a broadcast in Cleveland showing people burning his jersey. When LeBron was asked about this, he said something about not making it an emotional decision... which I agree with.

11. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, it doesn't surprise me they had that on TV. A few of my friends ran into their room grabbed their Lebron stuff, threw it outside and burned it. I just think its crazy that people can get so pissed off because of one guy...lol

12. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Those people burning their Lebron stuff are just being selfish. He's been with that team for 7 years and gave the whole city something to root for (which IMO, is kind of sad). He didn't win sh*t with the cavs. So he made a move for him. Not for the city of Cleveland, which he gave so much to already. All those people have to be grateful for what he did their city. Now because he decides to move on with his life people (even the owner of the cavs) go all crazy. You can't keep a player forever, Bron did what was best for him and his career. He has everything he wants in the world but a ring and he realizes he can't get one in Cleveland.

13. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, but the thing you need to realize is he gave up on his friends, family, and all the fans in Cleveland to try to get that ring..
    Not just that, he is going to kill the city of Cleveland.... The economy here already blows.....

Not only did he sell his home town out for a ring, but he is also sending out the wrong kind of message to the younger kids that look up to him as a role model.... Its not the fact that he left that made people so bad....it's how he did it. He showed absolutely no respect for anyone.

14. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

I agree, you don't need an hour tv special to announce but he's still a young dude. He was raised by a single mother and never had a father figure to teach him how to be classy or respectful. I don't want to rain on your city or anything but I'm sorry, things aren't looking good for cleveland. Lets hope Colt McCoy is your next savior :p

15. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

I know, just like sometimes when you make as much money as he does your expected to use manors and common sense. His teammates were mad at the way he was acting too.
    Anyway--oh well. I'm just laughing past this point.

16. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

According to their owner, it's all for the better lol:

"I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

They didn't win any with LeBron and if they're going to beat the heat to the next title, which will inevitably be soon.

This 3-star team will be interesting to watch against the Celtics, another team with 3 biggies.

I would have liked him to go to the Sacramento Kings and become the King of Kings.

17. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I heard the owner uses Comic Sans in his communications lol

But yeah, that's kinda cold of lebron... You never saw kobe leave the lakers like that.

18. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, haha, but 3 good players can't beat an entire team.. I hope they realize that or that will never work out if they don't work on team work...lol

Exactly, and he backs up dedication with championship titles. He never gave up.

19. susher23

susher23 Level I

Him moving to heat seems like wants going on in the UK right now in football (soccer), Big stars taking a paycheck moving to Man City over teams with history. I feel its a good move for him, he deserves more.

20. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

He's so desperate to win a title. Imo he's not mature enough yet. He's too selfish.
    I'm gonna miss Bosh being with the Raptors :( (Just cause I live in Toronto and he's awesome lol)

But it's gonna be a pretty damn good team. Imo they win the east in the 10-11 season, and will be getting better.