[Legit Guide] Jelly Blobs of Doom

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Lightning, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Preparation

Play w/ Big Window; Play w/ Regular Window; Game Page; Login

Game Information

GameID: 359 Review Score: 8000 NP Ratio: 2.51 (398 :: 1000 NP) Interesting Notes: This game cannot be found in the normal Games Page. Please notify me on any updated information that I am missing.

There is no avatar for this game...

Trophies
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Game Type

[​IMG]

Game Medal

[​IMG]

Basic Instructions/Introduction/Controls

You control a little green Chomby in the beginning. The basic idea of this game is to devour as many pieces of jelly smaller than you while avoiding bigger pieces of jelly. As you eat more smaller jelly, you will become bigger and will be able to eat larger jelly. Also, the jelly are split into groups according to size; the color indicates it's size. For example, a massive jelly would be blue. A smaller jelly would be a pinkish kind of color.

Controls

* To move in the upward (top) direction on your screen, use the up arrow button on your keyboard.
    * To move in the downward (bottom) direction on your screen, use the down arrow button on your keyboard.
    * To move in the westward (left) direction on your screen, use the left arrow button on your keyboard.
    * To move in the eastward (right) direction on your screen, use the right arrow button on your keyboard.

Tips/Strategies

After knowing the basics, let's move on to how to strategically and logically play the game to allow maximum $$/NP. Although these may be "opinions", I am very familiar with this game and have come close to a high score by hand.

* First off, you will notice that the blobs come in various sizes. (Better not eat the big ones. Some very large that take up the screen, and some that are so small that you may have trouble seeing. Big blue one:
    * Try not to get too near the sides because jelly big jelly can devour you anytime. I suggest that even though there might be a good sized jelly on the edge, don't get it unless you feel that you are fast enough.
    * I do not suggest you go through the boundaries. The boundaries "teleport" you to the opposite side of the game boundaries. It is very likely to be hit at the last moment or hit when you appear on the other side by a bigger jelly.
    * Risks: I, personally, am very conservative in this game. I am willing to take risks during the beginning, but after getting on a roll, I prefer not getting ruined by a risk that I knew was going to be close. This can actually be your choice.

Cheat Codes (Legit)

There are two useful codes and two useless codes.

Fishnegg - Type this during gameplay. Puts a fish negg on your screen. If you manage to catch this slippery devil, you get +50 points.

Rainbownegg - Type this during gameplay. Puts a rainbow negg on your screen. If you manage this slippery devil, you get +20 points.

Marissa -
    Type this during the "Spacebar" screen. Makes the phrase "(Now are you happy?)"
    [​IMG]

*Random Letters* - Type this during gameplay. It will make random, huge, blue blobs appear. If you do not run away rapidly, you will be devoured. xD

Credits

Written by me.

Oh, thanks for the picture of the blue blob given to http://www.jellyneo.com (I was too lazy to get my own)​

2. neohacker

neohacker Level I

Nice guide, but whats the review time?

3. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Uhh, there is no review time ^. Well, I guess there is kinda. Just don't put 1 second. This game length for a good score is around 60 seconds or more because it takes a while in the beginning.

4. neohacker

neohacker Level I

i put in 120 secs and i got iced.

5. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

Nice guide, but here's a quick question. How big can the Chomby get from eating the jellies?

6. Dusk412

Dusk412 Level I

Great guide, I love this game hehe. The beginning is kind of annoying though because you can only eat the tiniest of jellies (sigh) oh well. Thanks. I like your formal guide style, by the way, if you care :p.

7. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

If you ever have a game trainer, you will see. It will be just a little smaller than a big blue one. You will be 85% of the jelly if you get devoured.

8. widdget

widdget Level I

stupid question...but i cant find this game anywhere on the neopets site. this sounds like the flash classic 'Fishy!' and i got really excited when i read this guide and thought this game sounded fun. did they remove it or do i need my head examined?

9. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

It says in first post it cannot be found
    and there are links

*Play big screen etc* in 1st post :)

10. michaelli09201994

2 notes of interest (or nonsense... whichever you prefer):
    1. Holding left and then right at the same time makes the Chomby moonwalk~~
    2. Eating 2 jelly blobs in quick succession makes the Chomby burp! XD

11. hunnybunny

hunnybunny Level I

You may want to add that after 250 or so jelly blobs, the game will end. That's why you want to get the biggest jelly blobs possible for your size.