1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks or personality?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by HeyLisa, Jan 27, 2011.

1. HeyLisa

HeyLisa Level I

Do you find it more important that your partner looks good or that he/she has a great personality?

As for me, I definitely go for personality.

2. Captain

Captain Level I

To tell you the truth it's more personality, but looks is what makes me what to flirt with a girl at first, but then once I start talking to her it becomes more about personality. Looks is just a turn on.

3. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

It depends what you're going for.

The longer the relationship you're looking for, the more personality will be important.
    If all you're after is a one night fling, then personality won't be as important.
    As for relationships, attraction has to be there on some level. Perhaps you'll be attracted to their personality. As for me, I'd probably want to get to know them first. Not after flings at this stage in life.

4. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

Personality generally. Looks only get you so far. After a while, if the other person has no personality (or a horrible one), the looks stop being worth it. It is nice when you find someone with some of both though!

5. ForeverFalling

ForeverFalling Level I

It sounds cliche but personality is what matters the most. Looks are just like a bonus. I agree that if it's a long term relationship you're looking for looks play a very small part in overall attraction. As the saying goes 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

6. antpi1e

antpi1e Level II

For me its 80% looks and 20% personality...

I mean if both were flawless that would be great,but thats rare,and im shallow

7. Lily

Lily Level I

Well, they have to have a bit of both... You can lie and say all you care about is personality, but c'mon. P: If someone is seriously deformed-looking, they aren't going to be your first choice, no matter how awesome their personality is. We're biologically wired to judge people by their looks.

I also agree with what was said above about the length of the relationship. No one is looking for personality in a one-night stand/fling; one the other hand, a less than stellar personality/intelligence level would really grate on someone's nerves in a longer relationship.

8. noodlesan

noodlesan Newbie

Well, personality; funny is a must.
    But I do need to be attracted to them, too.
    The great thing about beauty is that it's in the eye of the beholder, though.

9. Jaggerrr

Jaggerrr Level IV

You're not gonna be at home on a lonely night thinking about all the girls you boned with a good personality are ya now?

10. xkrazy

xkrazy Level I

If its a quick fling, gotta be hot, Screw personality...
    But if its for long term, personality is whats key.
    But if you got a great personality and look freakn hot, that's a plus!

11. Dr_Horrified

Dr_Horrified Newbie

From my experience I've learned that if you're only trying to toot it and boot it, then looks are where it's at...

But if you're more interested in keeping a solid relationship and spending a lot of time with a certain person, then they must have a good personality or else you won't really click, but looks are a plus to go along with this :)

12. H3nry

H3nry Level III

Pretty much what everyone has already said. Looks initially then i will find out if you are a total bitch.
    One girl at work, freaking hot, we went out once discovered her personality stank, we rarely talk now.

My current gf is just perfect :p

13. Epidote6

Epidote6 Level II

I would argue that its 50/50. You often have to be physically attracted to initiate conversation and to have a physical relationship. But what any one person is physically attracted to is different for each person. At the same time, you need personality in order to get along, share interests, and be able to hang out with each other.

14. 38Special

38Special Level I

Everyone, I mean, EVERYONE, every people on the world, go for looks. Then you see the personality and all that stuff.
    Stop lying to urself's please =(

15. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

16. Will

Will Level IV

Shallow, ang :p

17. Freja

Freja Level IV

I don't think anybody goes solely for looks. Looks are important to me, but I would never be with the biggest asshole just because he was good-looking. I also think that personality often makes a person more attractive, even if he's not the looks I'd normally go for.
    If it's someone that can make me laugh, is charming etc. then looks isn't a huge deal. Unless he looks like the Hunchbag from Notre Dame ofc.
    So I'd say a mix.

18. tristen1230

tristen1230 Level II

Lol my parents say that I am rude because I think different then them but looks to the fullest. lol Like would you marry the most ugliest person in the world who has the best personality in the world or the most beautiful person in the world with no personality? Make you choice.

19. amanda121

amanda121 Level I

about 60% looks, 40% personality. i'm very picky though. it must be both

20. seanf

seanf Level I

50/50 Its about looks at the start then you need to find out about their personality .