Looneys Album Reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by looneytoon, Apr 5, 2007.

1. looneytoon

looneytoon Level III

Well I made two topics about 2 seperate albums, and I wanted to make some more topics on ton more of albums, but I thought the mods would get mad for making all those topics so Im going to be reviewing Albums here, and you can put in a request too!

Looneys Album Review

Akon - Konvicted
    A few of the songs most people recognize are Akons songs are 'Smack That' and 'Don't Matter'. Smack that was a big hit because it is weird style typed song, and it has Enimem in it who hasn't released anything in...forever. 'Dont Matter' is still playing on the radio today even though this album was released months ago. When I first got this CD I skipped over most the songs because I didn't like the intros, but when I sat down and listened to it, I was very impressed with Akon. My favorite tracks are 'Once in a while', 'Tired of Runnin', and 'The Rain'.

Rating: 8 - Definitely worth the money (or the download time)

Ludacris - Release Therapy
    A few songs most people know from this album are 'Money Maker', 'Slap', and 'Runaway Love'. Ludacris has released a nice number of albums, and with most rappers, each album gets worse and worse as they run out of things to rap about, and end up rapping about grillz, car rims, and big booty's, but Ludacris is still my favorite rapper. Every song and every lyric is a masterpiece. Every time I play this CD I hear a line I didn't hear before. My favorite songs are 'War with God' and 'End of the night'

Rating: 9 - Worth your whole paycheck

Diddy aka P Diddy - Press Play

Before this album was released, you could see Diddy on late shows, morning shows, talk shows, he was everywhere. He performed a few songs and were very good. He got so much publicity! As soon as this was released I bought it. I went home, listened to it, and threw it away. I didnt want to give it back to the store, that would be rude to give back such a horrible album. This album sucked and there was only 2 songs HALF WAY liked. Every song had at least 1 minute of him just talking...so annoying

Rating: 2 - Not worth your fingernail clippings

The Game - Doctor's Advocate

This is the first album from the game I ever listened to, and I wasnt disappointed. The song most people know from this album is 'One Blood'. My favorite songs are 'Wouldn't Get Far', 'One Night' and 'Ol English'. What makes this album so good is that The Game doesnt follow the traditional rap style, he uses his own style and has good beats on just about every song. I can't really explain it you'd have to listen to it!

Rating: 8.5 - Worth the drive to the store or the browsing at the torrent sites

T.I - KING

Before I got this album I already knew it would be good. Songs most people know from this album are 'What You Know', 'Why You Wanna' and 'Top Back'. This entire album is good, and it has a very funny skit that goes with the songs. T.I's southern accent alone gives his song a different rap styles than other rappers. There are a few songs however that are annoying because the beat is too plain and so is the rap, I think he just made those songs to fill the CD.

Rating: 8.75

Thats all for now, Im listening to 6 new CD's now and will update later. Please request an album review

2. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Rate Finger Eleven's new album. I personally love it and I'm going to their concert. :). It doesn't seem like you like Rock too much from what you've been posting so this might be hard to ask :p.

Finger Eleven: Them Vs Me Vs You

3. Captain Keyes

Captain Keyes Level II

Try rating My Chemical Romance's Black Parade.

4. lolcool22

lolcool22 Level III

I can do that in a few words.

A terrible band who's songs are completely overplayed. Their concerts are filled with 12 year old girls who think they're hardcore, and the band dresses hardcore to make their image "cooler." Their new CD, "The Black Parade," is a great example of the terrible things mainstream does to bands. Their debut album, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, was a decent hit in the underground hardcore community, bringing them slight fame and a good amount of fans to their shows. They hooked up with friends and hardcore greats The Used for a US tour, and used them to get popular. Without looking back, the band produced three horrible CDs, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, Life on the Murder Scene, and their most recent, The Black Parade. This album is a prime example of a horrible band getting too much recognition. The album is a bland mix of horrible lyrics and terrible, generic pop guitar. None of the songs are worth listening to.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, they are the worst live band I've ever seen, aside from 30 Seconds to Mars.
    0/10

5. Jaggerrr

Jaggerrr Level IV

Amen to that!

I frickin hates bands like My Chemical Romance, and every other generic produced pop/punk band out there.

Back on topic now, My favourite rapper when i listened to rap was Ludacris, jsut always had the best beats and the best flow, not the mention punchlines.

I still listen to same rap but only on very rare occasions, The game would be my pick now days tho. G-UNOT!

6. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

=O... Can't believe you're saying that, they have pretty cool songs, like Helena from their last album or Welcome to the Black Parade, Famous Last Words or I Don't Love You from their new album, I'd give " The Black Parade " 7/10. I really think they found their style with this album...

And here's my rating for Muse's " Blackholes and Revelations ":

Definitely cool album with loads of catchy songs, like Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole. Once again, there is an awesome instrumental background in every songs they made, you just need to listen to Knights of Cydonia and you'll get it.
    Great album. 8.5/10.

7. looneytoon

looneytoon Level III

I've heard of them, Im gonna listne to them just out of curiosity

8. deathcraze

deathcraze Level III

my chemical romance's songs are fine, especially helena. it seems that either people hate them a lot or like them a lot. x.x

on the other hand, i dont really like rap songs :?

9. blackoutzx

blackoutzx Level II

I have 4 out of the 5 albums up there, I agree that Diddy's album sucks

10. mrfatman

mrfatman Level I

nice write up, have u heard of the song 'i wanna love you' by akon. i find it to be one of his better songs.

11. looneytoon

looneytoon Level III

oh yeah, I forgot to write that I think, yeah that song is really good