MAGAX: Destroyer Guide.

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by gaelle, Jan 2, 2007.

1. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

Welcome to my MAGAX: Destroyer guide. Today I am going to give you a few pointers to help you with MAGAX: Destroyer. With my tips and a bit of practice you may be able to achieve the MAGAX: Destroyer avatar which requires 3000 points.

Characters

Magax

[​IMG]

Magax is the character in which you use. Gameplay consists of Magax flying around. Use the direction buttons to move where he flies and use the Space Bar to make him shoot his energy bolts.

Hubrid Nox

[​IMG]

Hubrid Nox is Magax's eternal enemy. During the game he comes out onto the screen at random to do something that will affect the game. He has three powers.

Power

Fire: Temporarily lights Magax on fire doing a little more than half of the damage taken by a ghost.

Ice: Temporarily makes Magax frozen doing no damage, unless you run into a ghost which is very bad.

Enlargement: Makes all enemies larger. My personal favorite power for it makes destroying them all the easier.

The Ghosts

The ghosts are the main enemies in this game. Every level you get to will have more and more ghosts each time. Some ghosts are better than others. Damage taken by a ghost is roughly one fifth of your health. The ghosts are the Aisha, the Chia, and the Jubjub.

Aisha

[​IMG]

The Aisha is the easiest ghost to dispose of because is doesn't do anything at all but float around. It is worth five points per kill.

Chia

[​IMG]

The Chia is the most annoying enemy because it has the ability to spit slimeballs at you. I have also noticed that they seem to have a greater defence than the other ghosts because not all of my shots kill them. Try to kill these as soon as possible. They are worth five points.

Jubjub

[​IMG]

The Jubjub is my favorite ghost in the game. What makes it so special is that once shot it will split into three separate Jubjubs. A glitch that I have noticed is that if it is shot when it is off screen its three separate Jubjubs may teleport to another part of the radar. It is worth twenty points, five for each Jubjub.

Tips

When moving never just move in one direction, continuously click the opposite direction to avoid collision by moving far too fast.

Watch the radar. The radar show you where all your enemies are so you will be able to better avoid being hit.

Try to never get hit, being hit is the difference between life and death. A single hit can cause you to panic and get hit more.

If you are hit get a health orb. A health orb will heal you for an entire hit by a ghost. You cannot collect health orbs to have more health. Sorry, but you are limited.

In case you are hit and there are no more health orbs on the level remain calm, beat the level and collect the ones on the next level before you do anything. Sometimes when you shoot energy a health orb will disappear. We don't want that now do we.

Never take more health orbs than you need, you may find yourself with damage taken and no healer.

Always kill the Chias first. They are the ones that fight back so they should go first.

Type in hubridnox if you are in a jam to recover all of your health.

I hope You find this guide good ! Good luck if you want to get a trophie !
    +rep VERY apreciated =)

2. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

I want to said too, play in x-large screen ! it's easier !

3. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

Great gudie
    I always stunk at that game now I am ok

4. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

thank you, +rep appreciated =)

5. itachi98

itachi98 Newbie

nice guide

6. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

thank you, i'm happy of you find my guide good !
    +rep apreciated