1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~Make our own neopets~ (idea)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LotusChild98, Jul 18, 2009.

1. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

So yeah this idea hit me when i was on another thread and it made me think. Were obviously all smart here, if we can make these programs to do theses things like a money tree grabber or a shop auto buyer and what now. Why not get a team together, from this site, and make our own version of a neopets site? I'm fluent in HTML and looking at neopets home page and all the other pages the programing end of it is not hard at all! Seriously all we would need is a few people who can draw or use illustrator, and some people who know how to make flash games and it could easily be done! What do you guys think?

post what you guys think about this please

2. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

What I think.. Why would we want to do that?

There's no fun in competing with other ABers.

3. Synidaeum

Synidaeum Level I

I think it's an interesting concept but at the same time you need some serious dedication. Neopets has millions of dollars behind them - and there have always been sites vying for the spot neopets is going to hold. I suppose it holds water as a fun concept, but yeah... dedication is hard to get unless money is involved =P

I like cheating on neopets too =D

4. Airuku

Airuku Level I

You do realise that everyone would be cheating, right? haha.

5. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, that's kinda going to be the point of the site...although isn't Neopets going to sue? I mean, copy of Neopets, I guess that might be possible, although idk why anybody would want it. What would be cool (from another forum) is simulation of RSing. Like main shops that RS just like the ones in Neo...same items. Maybe you can practice your legit ABing skillz.

6. Airuku

Airuku Level I

Yeah, but the site would be overwhelmed with cheaters. Neopets has tons and tons of legit players, while the new site would just be about who has their ABer at the fastest setting, xP Plus, I've already seen a lot of neopets rip offs, none of them seem to do all that well.

7. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol, now that I look at it, cheating would be pointless without the icing. I kinda like cheating in a community where you aren't supposed to so you can rub it in on the legit losers :p.

8. Snowmanny

Snowmanny Level III

to make a site similar to neopets would require a HUGE team of people working on it. At least a few people for each task (art/graphics, web design, coding, etc...). This would probably even take months to accomplish.

9. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Im very well versed in css, html and i dare say, graphics.

Creating a site would be interesting, but will the traffic come in?
    That's the question.

10. CrC

CrC Level II

Yes, unfortunately it is very difficult to start up a site similar as it would require tons of artworks and tons of games and tons of activities just to catch up to where neopets were... Even if you did that you would still have to advertise it out and market it... Yes, there would also be no one that would be able to AB either...

11. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

See now this guy has the right idea, no one ever said anything about copying neopets, that would result in a lawsuit, so obviously that's not what I was talking about. Im talking about making a similar site where you can have and raise a pet and play games and interact with other users. Complete and totally new content, new pets, new items, etc. Neopets would simply be a kind of guide line to how we could make the site. And yes it would require a team, it would not have to be huge though. If memory serves neopets only started with 30 or so people. So yes it would require a dedicated team but with hard work, and some spamming of random sites on the net for traffic we could make a very good site. Maybe even one day better than neopets. Now here's where it gets interesting if you older players remember there was really no money involved in neopets at the start of the site. At least nothing like there is now, but now they have added the NC Mall, they have toys and trading cards, and tons of other Merch. This site could start as something simple and then the for the die hard players you could add items, pets, and other such things for a price, and make some very good money off of it.

As far as cheating goes, no offense to anyone here but the site would have to be coded to prevent things like that, that's just common sense, but why should it matter for the people that host the site, which I could easily do, we could write in and change anything we want and be the Elites of the site, and all that good stuff. But really that should only be for the people that spent the time, and worked hard to make something like this happen.

So really here's a list of everything you would need:
    1. Programmers who can make flash games
    2. Artiest to draw and create things such as pets, items, food, etc.
    3. HTML coders to make the site (I can do this part)
    4. Graphic Designers to make a site layout
    5. Anyone who can code things for security would be good.
    6. Somewhere to host the server which, there are tons of sites that would do this for you at a cost per month, until hopefully I can get my own server.

Now obviously this isn't everything there's tons of little things here and there but if we could get a good team together, which if we can have people that take the time to find out how to cheat and make progs to do it for you, then it should be failry easy, then this could actually happen. I mean who out there wouldn't want to say that they are apart of something like this?

Any comments?

12. Tally

Tally Level III

I could make some concept neopets, that we could use if you like. :p

Here's my version of a royal Krawk. lol:p

[​IMG]

O coarse this was done using paint with a mouse, It's based on an actual neopet. If we were to really do this we would have to make neopets from scratch which could take some time.

13. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

Hey guys thanks for all the replies to this topic. So here's the deal if you guys and gals actually want to make something like this happen, then either post here or PM me and let me know if there is enough people that would like to be involved in this, then I will draw up some plans for what we need, how many people we need and the time frame which we could get this done. This could be something real if you guys want to make it happen and I would be more than happy to help over see this, but im not looking for people who would want to do this one day and then not the next, we would need dedication, and hard work, if you guys think you would like to be a part of this then PM me and ill post updates here to let everyone know what is going on. I will be busy here for the next few hours but later tonight I'll post up some basic ideas and a list of the people we would need to make this happen.

Final Note:
    I can get who ever is in this the programs they need to get the job done, so if you would need dreamweaver for helping on the site i could get it to you, if you are making images I can get photoshop or any other programs you may need. So post here or PM me and let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for all the interest guys. :funky:

14. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm just kinda wondering...really, do you think we'd have enough to even compete with Neopets. It'd take you almost a whole year to maybe get the site up and running with some members. Oh, and don't forget all these quests, plots, etc.

Bleh, too much work :(

15. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

Yeah there would be a lot of work involded this isn't something that would happen over night I think the payoff would be more than worth the work put into it. But that's really up to the people who want to be involved in it

16. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Dude. One word: Leopets.

Google it. If anyone here is seriously interested in that sort of concept, PM me (actually, PM one of the other users here who has my email, e.g. acrasie, and have them email me), and if you're trustworthy I'll give you my Leopets account info. and you can try logging on to it/checking out the site.

Anyways. My time on the Internet is limited.

17. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Why create a new one when we can ab in the real one and , if i may, control the market.

18. btr3s

btr3s Level II

nice drawing.
    i love it.
    and you did it using paint?
    nice hand control. :arf:

19. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

Yea he did it in paint.
    If anyone decides on creating another neopets, I am contactable via pm for coding and graphics (not the drawing of pets though)

20. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

Hey all like I said if you are interested in this then PM me and I can hook you up with programs that you can use to help get this done. I have already had one user PM me and I'm working on setting him up with Photoshop CS4 to help with graphics. And I'm working on downloading Illustrator right now so I will have that as well. Also have things like dreamweaver and tons of other things ot make this a ton better to do.

And hey my next post will be a rough outline idea of some of the things needed for this idea.