Math's Nightmare Autoplayer?

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Niacin, May 22, 2009.

1. Niacin

Niacin Level II

Hey I was wondering if it would be possible to make an auto player for Math's Nightmare. Maybe a GM script or something else that would run while you were actually on the game like the Extreme Potato Counter. Some features I was thinking of was as the clouds pop up with the problem and built in calculator figures out the answer, clicks on the appropriate cloud, inputs the answer, then moves on to the next one. Also a nice little, "stop now" button would be handy so you don't go overboard. This would be convenient because you could get the trophy and if you get the trophy you get the avatar to go with it :). I don't know how feasible this just, but that's why I'm here in the idea section XD

2. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

scar script, maybe, but not a gm script. Its a flash game a nd only way a gm script could do anything with that would be just to send the score, i/e scoresender, but even that would be very hard/near impossible... but gm can't control your keyboard/mouse like that :(

Scar script would be nice, but also, might be alittle hard, since those clouds move. You'd need to use a bitmap or something to get the coords, and send them back to click, but possible. me = too lazy and don't have the equipment :(

3. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

yes the clouds move but they move to the same 10 spots every level :)

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I doubt this is possible with GM (ok, it may be POSSIBLE, but not practical in the slightest)
    I'm not quite sure about SCAR (I've never scripted in it), but I doubt it. The program would need to take a screenshot of the game, then run an OCR on it to get all the equations, then do all the calculations and submit the answer.

5. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Or it could find a unique bitmap of each number or digit, translate it to the integers and do the math and spit it out?

6. Niacin

Niacin Level II

Ok I was just wondering :) Because I want that trophy and avvie, but I figured something that would play for you, as opposed to SSing would probably have a lower freeze rate.

7. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

as long as you don't submit impossible scores (I've actually seen quite a few unfeasible scores for maths nightmare) you should be alright

8. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Which is an OCR :p

9. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

ahem okay. :p But it wouldn't need a screenshot with scar.

10. Coldness

Coldness Level IV

Isn't there a way to make it tell you the answer. And you just fill it in ?
    More like a help than a full auto thing.
    Just like EPC ; it counts the potatos for you, but you still have to fill in the answer.

I think that will make it more seem like you played legit.