My Fellow Americans, Who Are YOU Voting for?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pjkamelo, Sep 10, 2008.

1. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

I still need to register but I am voting for Obama!

I'm not a politic person but i see this upcoming election as a chance to make a difference. I am TIRED of this war crap, taxes are too high, my gas expense cost MORE than my food expenses o_O like what the fuck? and you gotta admit, we're the most hated country in the world.

I think Obama is going to make a difference. Not because he is the very FIRST colored president but i truly feel he is going to fix all Bush's dumbass mistakes. And once again, I am not very politic but i think we need a democrat this time, not another republican.

The one thing that drew me to him is one of the speeches he just made ... its about how he will cut the taxes down (or lower it) for people who makes LESS than 75k a year. And that is good because right now, the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer. Obama wants to help out the poor and not the rich. McCain on the other hand, basically wants to give to the rich and HOPING that the rich will give back to the poor ... and you know that is IMPOSSIBLE :nope:

I am not here to convience anyone and everything i say in this post is MY OPINION. :arf:

BUT i want to hear YOURS!

2. Royal

Royal Level IV

Baha, I don't want to read that wall of text, but just to tell you Obama will RAISE gas prices and RAISE taxes.

And the rich give a shitload to the poor. Maybe not straight to YOU, but they do. And I myself am poor, so don't give me crap for being rich.

3. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

wow you dont have to be so rude [...]

..and how can you be sure that he will raise gas prices and raise taxes?

4. Royal

Royal Level IV

Technically I can be whatever I want. Anyways, he said he would.

5. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

I am not american, but if I were, I would vote for Obama too. I think he's a very clever person from what I've heard on the news in my country. I hope he will win, really...

6. Royal

Royal Level IV

Well, its really not up to me, I can't vote, so I can say all the bullcrap I want. Because I'm a total D-Bag.

*Insert witty comeback from Virre here*

7. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

Geezz, i just want to hear your opinion and have a nice debate about it.
    you don't have to be real jerk, but whatever you can say whatever you want, you opinion does not matter to me anyways :arf:

*ignores phobia* :zzz:

8. Royal

Royal Level IV

This whats the point of debating if I cannot voice a strong opinion? Obviously I would have just won the debate because you chose not to respond and voice my opinion as... whatever. I am having a debate, just because you want it to be doesn't mean it has to be nice.

9. Virre

Virre Level IV

No Phobia, you would have lost this debate because of your behavior. A debate isn't about if you're right or not, it's actually about convincing others that you are right. Hence you never see master debaters (or politicians) behaving badly to any other extent than remarking the problems in the opponents arguments.

On topic:
    Do you have a source for that?
    I'm not familiar with Obama's view on taxes, but if I was an US resident I'd probably pick him because he seems like the lesser evil.
    I'm not sure if Ralph Nader is running this year again, but if he is, he would have gotten my vote, being a true Enviromentalist. :)

10. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

All I know is if Obama have Clinton's back then he is good in my book :yup:

Clinton was a really good president, besides the whole i cheated on my wife :p

11. Speed2k9

Speed2k9 Newbie

I am 19 but I think I will abstain from voting this time around, I really dislike politics, and my parents are pushing me to vote Republican but I think I just don't want to participate at all :/

12. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

be a rebel and vote for a democrat! :lol:

But forreal, I do understand where you are coming from, well except for the whole parent pressure.
    I am 20 and I am not political as well, but after the whole Bush thing, that made me want to vote and atleast "try" to make a difference.

13. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

I want obama to win because thats who I always hear about on TV or around town. I hardly ever hear of or see hilary or john so they must not be good enough to have so many supporters in my state.

14. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

actually, hilary lost the election. McCain and Obama are going head to head.
    I heard in the news that the hilary supporters are mad that hilary and clinton are supporting Obama.

[edit]

by the way, what state do you live in? I live in Maryland, right next to D.C

15. Speed2k9

Speed2k9 Newbie

More like Obama and Palin going head to head right now, I gotta stop watching this crap on the news :D

16. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

i know right!

At first I didn't know who Palin is ... i guess she's McCain's vice president.

so WHOs Obama's vice president? Why is he on the low low :lol:

17. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

Yea I just saw a commercial on TV about palin but haven't seen anything about obama's. It was talking about how she reformed alaska.

18. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

If i lived in the USA id vote for Obama

19. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

o_O
    how exactly do you reform alaska? :lol:

wow, many people are voting for obama so far (based on this thread) :yup:

dahero, i think i'll move to canada so i can get free health insurance!

20. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I'd say that this forum would be pretty liberal along with many (most?) other people on the internet so they'd vote for Obama.
    I personally think McCain would be a better president