MySpace, FaceBook or Friendster?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by quark778, May 30, 2007.

?

What's better?

1. MySpace

16 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. FaceBook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Friendster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quark778

quark778 Level II

Which is your favorite networking site?

Ummm oops looks like my poll didn't work. Weird I added the Friendster option but it's not showing up. Well anyways which is better FaceBook or MySpace?

2. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

I guess MySpace since I've never heard of facebook. I have heard of friendster. Most of my friends are on myspace...

3. Mr Awesome

Mr Awesome Level IV

I havnt heard of facebook either. I used to have a my space but not anymore... All my friends are on Bebo now and that sucks so much @$$ its not funny

4. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

bebo > myspace > Friend + facebook

bebo rox! :D lol

5. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

Bebo is the worst there is.

Everyone at my school loves facebook because they are a bunch of idiots that cannot understand Myspace, which is the best of all.

6. quark778

quark778 Level II

I guess because I live in Canada. MySpace isn't very popular over here. It just seems like a place for people to try and date you or cyber with you. I like FaceBook because only my friends can see my profile, etc. Also I've found a lot of my old elementary school friends on FaceBook. And I don't have a million crappy bands trying to friend request me. :

7. kayla_of_nosgoth

kayla_of_nosgoth Level II

not sure, ive heard of myspace but i dont like it,its had some bad on it. guess im not into sites like those

8. Billy

Billy Level IV

you should add a none of the above option. i hate myspace and all of those kinds of websites like that, i just dont get the point in them

9. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

None of the above. They're all pretty much equally lame.

10. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Facebook keeps it personal and quiet. I know everyone of my friends on there and stuff. Myspace is just everyone grouped together and it's more of a security hazard.

11. Pepsi_kikola

Pepsi_kikola Newbie

Myspace pwns. It is the original, it is almost like all those copy cats of neo. Like superpets, kiropets, marapets. All that stuffs :D

12. elite

elite Level III

I can't choose between Myspace and Facebook. I don't know but both of them are WAY better than friendster.

13. glowworm

glowworm Level II

I use facebook. It's good for organizing events with friends who you don't see all the time. I hate myspace, everyone has really awful backgrounds and annoying music. About the only good thing about myspace is that you can post pictures of Hitler on people's comments.

14. punkeydew

punkeydew Level IV

I chose myspace

And just an answer in my opinion for those who don't see the point in it.

Not everyon goes there for dating. I think that's the dumbest thing ever.

I grew up in a military family and I have friends all over the world.

Myspace helps me stay in touch with them. You can see their personality, their music, their pictures. Many people posts blogs and bullitens on their life and opinions.

Plus.. I HATE talking on the phone. Myspace just makes it easier for me to stay friends with people I used to know.

15. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

NONE. Call your friends on the telephone. SO much better.
    You will make stronger connections/friendships, and much easier to get a girlfriend/boyfriend by talking to them instead of chatting. (NO, don't ask someone out on the phone :p) I'm just saying you'll be in a better position towards asking them out if you talk to them instead of IMing, blogging w/ them o.0

This is probably because you are lacking the practice. I'm sure you're a very sociable person, but you really should get used to talking with people. I know it may seems awkward at first talking to someone you haven't talked to for a looong time, but it'll get better over time. Your conversations will be smoother, and you'll enjoy it more.

And most people don't post their true hobbies, thoughts, etc on Myspace. They just put anything to make themselves look good.

16. punkeydew

punkeydew Level IV

I have never been one to talk on the phone. It is just akward for me. I am fine in person. But the phone is just so disconnected and theres not much going on...

Well some people on myspace are obsessed with looking good for complete strangers they dont know.... but then there are the few who ARE there for friends. If I posted rediculous stuff my friends would be like... WTF that's not you. I have a picture of my with a white girl afro all natural on my myspace. It is just me and my life The things I like and my friends. I only accept people I know in real life and that is clearly stated on my page.

But then there are the people who try to look like someone they arent... but this isnt everyone

17. quark778

quark778 Level II

I agree with those who said these sites are a good way to keep in touch with people who may have moved away or whatever. It's a less intrusive way to let your friends know what's going on with you. I mean when someone shoves a photo album into my face I think "oh great I get to see pics of your vacation in Hawaii. Booooring!" but when it's uploaded I don't feel like I'm forced to look at them it's at my own leisure.

Also time zone differences and busy schedules keep people from being able to talk on the phone often. So leaving a short post on their profile is a great way to just say hi!

18. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

You get into it over time. It's a great life skill that will help you out in your social life, and in a ton of businesses.
    You'll get into it over time.

If the person doesn't pick up the phone, just leave a message o.0
    It feels SO much better to receive a message on a phone (not a text message >,>) than to receive a comment on your profile.

19. Pepsi_kikola

Pepsi_kikola Newbie

I went and tried face book I hate it, there is also one called tag world, it's a bunch of bologna to

20. quark778

quark778 Level II

I hate leaving voicemail and I never check mine either. Usually it's just hang ups. I'd honestly rather just get a message in my inbox or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.