Neopoints Loan System

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by FastBullet, Jan 31, 2010.

1. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Definitely worth it. People will benefit from this service a lot and will also help growing on itrader points.

Loaning should have some restrictions though :

- no more than 5-10 million loan
    - monthly return of some specified neopoints + added fee
    - restricted to Level II or lower with less than 10 itrader points(or award)

everybody everybody jump with me!! <3 <3 <3

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    *jumps*

Not sure I understand the process though.

"restricted to Level II or lower with less than 10 itrader points(or award)"

So only level 2 users and above, or level 1's with 10+ itrader or the award are allowed to borrow NP's?

3. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

This can be debatable but that's my concept. :D

4. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Ok fasty lend me ten million :)

What if i get frozen?
    What if i get hacked?
    What if i give you illegit back?
    What if Phee warns me for the 6th time in about 2 months?

5. Everlast

Everlast Level I

Sorry, im know im new here, but no way this is gonna workout, unless
    loaners loan illegit nps
    and the people receiving the loan AB with the illegit and not get caught
    and the loaners would get there np back + interest

6. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

"Ok fasty lend me ten million :)

What if i get frozen?
    What if i get hacked?
    What if i give you illegit back?
    What if Phee warns me for the 6th time in about 2 months?"

1. Good point
    2. How would this affect you getting hacked? Or you mean hacked when you have the points? In which case, same as you getting iced. You'd just have to pay the loan back! Although, getting people to wouldn't be easy.
    3. Attack you....
    4. I'll laugh :p

The IDEA is good.. But whether it would work or not... interesting to see :p

EDIT: 100th post :eek:

7. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

If ya get fronzen, you'll make another account and try to repay your dept sometime.
    If ya get hacked, bad luck, you negociate again with the lender.
    Neopoints have to be stated if they are legit or illegit and give them back legit/illegit.

If ya don't get your neopoints back or if ya don't pay your dept in a certain time you get -1 itrade point or -rep and have the right to report to MODs :p

8. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

I think if someone loses the loan in a way they didn't mean to EG Frozen/Scammed/Pant Devil, then they will have second thoughts over paying it back.

I would not pay the full amount back, hence why i don't lend?

9. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

The thing about this is, it's not like the real world whereas you have a legit 'credit'. If you lend Neopoints, there are all kinds of excuses and problems you may encounter if that user doesn't show up again. If you don't pay back IRL, either you're bankrupt, charged extra, or reported for not paying. They have consequences, here we can't :(

10. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Because you might lack morals but I would definitely pay back and even give them some extra (that without the interest of course) <3

11. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

What if I borrow and run

12. Freja

Freja Level IV

How about you just followed the rules or actually listened to what she said in her warnings

Hmm, this loaning system sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it would work out either..
    IF it did I would want it to be for lvl 4+ .. But I do think there would be too many complications if people got frozen/couldn't pay back etc.

13. Richy

Richy Level IV

It's a fine idea, but WAY to many problems
    I think this should be a personal thing... if you wanna participate, throw a thread up in Services (?) Market, and hope someone trusts you
    For sure shouldn't be a centralized thing, way to easy to abuse

Edit - changed 'through' to 'throw' cause I had been thinking too fast when I first posted

14. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Completely agree with you. I don't think there should be a system or anything. Users can just post a loan request and decide the terms through PMs (so the lender wouldn't be harassed to loan NP to everyone). I also think the borrower should back up the loan with USD as collateral so there can't be any "I'll get the NP to you by next month, promise!" excuses. Maybe people could be given a deadline and by the date, you either pay up the NP or USD.

15. Richy

Richy Level IV

Mhm, I see what you are saying
    Would it be pushing it to change USD for HTS?
    Like, if someone had a gallery of HTS items, they could overpay HTS (or ETS) and they would get the item back when they return the NP and the service fee?
    That could help people that have no paypal, a lot of expensive items that would be hard to replace, and a need for NP

16. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

It would be best just not to have a standard for collateral at all. It would just be something for the lender/borrower to work out. And if you are backing you NP borrowed with USD, I think it would be best just to buy the NP rather then get it loaned and then once you're no longer in need of that NP, sell it. There are a lot of problems with the whole idea of a loan system, but if we were to do anything like this at all, it would to easier to set it up where people submit a Service Market thread requesting X NP, post terms (how long they will need it, how much the lender will get back in interest, collateral they have, etc).

17. Heather

Heather Level IV

I was thinking the same thing when the idea of USD collateral came up. If you were to put USD down.. why not simply buy the NP? It seems like it would almost hurt the selling market by allowing people to be lent millions of NP at a time.

18. purple315

purple315 Level III

I think you should make it so anyone can loan anyone but it's at their own risk. It will build responsibility and trust between people. If you see someone as unsafe to loan, then don't loan. Only loan to people who you know will pay you back and don't do huge quantities.

19. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Richy's idea is good.. It would also help looks a bit more legit on neopets by giving HTS items at a price rather than just transferring a sum of neopoints for junk :p

I'm with the, no system just allowing it. and use these as a general guide for rules on how the "loans" can go down?

20. Heather

Heather Level IV

I think that would be the best way to go about it too. Allowing "at your own risk" and personal choice. Ultimately you always have the choice on who you do business with in the blackmarket as a whole anyway, so it's almost the same thing, just with less set guidelines for transactions. The specifics should be created on an individual basis.