Neoquest II Player

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Arkley, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Arkley

Arkley Level III

I've noticed a program of this type on a website before. From what I could gather, it would allow players to use "scripts" telling it in what direction to move the character, in order to play the game for them. The battles were also automated, allowing players to also use it as a trainer for their characters. Since a program like this is clearly feasible (having been made succesfully before), why not have one here?

2. CoS

CoS Level IV

nobody has made one to put it simply.

Just use the greasemonkey that is somewhere (not to sure where) and it will train for you. leave it on a while then move to a harder area and put it on again. Then when your level 60 go own everybody.

3. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

4. joycey

joycey Level II

we don't want none of this "minimal" playing

1 click is minimal playing

MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(totally sarcastic post for those without their detectors activated)

@below poster

I'm displaying interest in the idea and supporting it. Pointing out why we would want a complete player as oppose to just a trainer, just because I throw some sarcasm in there doesn't make it spam, whereas your post...

slightly spammy...who are you telling to make it exactly? - lazypando

5. CoS

CoS Level IV

dude please dont spam the boards. unless you have something useful to say then dont post.

6. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Well moving on, if anyone thinks they could make one of these (shouldn't be too difficult, really) I have a feeling it would be a very popular program.

7. Will

Will Level IV

I don't think it'd be possible to code the aspect of the program that beats the bosses.
    Sorry, to rephrase: it'd be overly complicated to do so properly (ie, accounting for haste, damage, and all of your characters at once).

I'd just be using these two scripts in GM, if it were me:
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/30430
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/30431

8. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Oh, even the program that I saw on another site did not fight bosses. It has battle scripts, allowing the player to set predetermined actions for the characters to take in battle. Most of the scripts for use, however, terminate several spaces before a boss, and alert the player, allowing them to log on and defeat the boss, then resume use of the program by loading the next move script.

9. Will

Will Level IV

That's all that's really needed. If you use a trainer and a mover, then you'll probably be eligible for one of those shiny NQ race trophies.

It's not really worth the complicated-ness of making a program to fight the bosses. Especially a boss like hubrid that is horrible to try and beat even after over-training.

10. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

The problem isn't about battles, the battle tactic itself is a very simple algorithm. The problem is if something goes wrong. Suppose the site temporarily crashes for one or two moves, then the entire map route is completely ruined. Its much too prone to error. I have used the GM script before, and it did not work flawlessly for me. I would just use the auto trainer GM script and then manually move. =/

11. Snowmanny

Snowmanny Level III

I have one of these that was released on slopdog for only a few weeks like a year ago. I will release it here for level 1's probably sometime this week. It's in webbrowser format, auto battles and can auto move.

12. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

That's what I do. I'll leave it auto-training while I go browse the boards, or do my dailies, or the suchlike, then I'll move my characters around myself and fight boss battles myself; I just don't do the brute-click training.

And for the NQ race trophies...I think that would be quite plausible, but the auto-move script would be very helpful for that, as well. (After all, with adblocker and the GM script, you generally progress through battles and the such much faster than a human could manually click through.)

nazze likes this.