1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW BATTLEDOME OPEN!

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by Rise and Fall, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

5th October

Battledome News! - In the next week or so, we'll be taking down the current Battledome permanently to make way for a NEW BATTLEDOME coming later this year! We'll be providing more information in the weeks to come, but for now, take this time to say your final farewells to an old friend. *tear*

We had some good times, old Battledome. We had some good times.

We also thought we'd open sign-ups for the Battledome Closed Beta. We're a ways away from that still, but if you're interested in participating when the time comes, check out the sign-up page!

THOUGHTS? Im pretty speechless right now.

UPDATE:
    9th November

BATTLEDOME OPEN BETA!

It's here! The New Battledome is now open to all players to beta test. There are still kinks to work out, of course, but we thought it was time everyone had a chance to give it a go, discuss, and send us feedback!

Since it's beta, some weapons are touchy, some challengers are being mean, prizes need some tweaking, etc., so please send us a bug report for anything you find. You can also check out the Beta News page for information on known issues (i.e. what not to report!) before you dive in.

A few important notes from Beta News:
    Your old stats are safe and sound! They will be merged with your new stats later on in Open Beta.
    If you're having issues fighting, it may be IE8 or a browser add-on. Try upgrading IE or disabling add-ons.
    Equipping from your inventory is still disabled! Visit the Stats section in the Battledome to equip/unequip.

After you've gone through all the notes, feel free to rush head-long into battle or check out the new Tutorial to get yourself acquainted first. New challengers await!

We still have bugs to fix, issues to work out, and feedback to review -- plus stances and abilities revamps on the way -- but we look forward to hearing what you think so far! Please do send us your feedback or join your fellow 'Domers on the Battledome Board to discuss.

We hope you like it!

Note to Closed Beta Testers: Your hard work and feedback during the Closed Beta was AWESOME! Thank you so much for all your help. We're working on a little gift to show our appreciation, so expect that in the next week or so. :D

2. tristen1230

tristen1230 Level II

Re: NEW BATTLEDOME!

I sort of cannot wait to see it but then I usually do not like change.

3. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I bet it'll come with a BD plot

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)

i have no weapons.. i have no NP's.. I do not care anymore :p

Just disapointed this didn't happen when I had my billions and my set ;)

5. und3ad

und3ad Level IV

I think it's about time TNT had addressed the BD...

6. Mastercjb

Mastercjb Level IV

What I dont get is they said the end of this year, witch is what 3 months away. So do you really think they are going to have the new dome open by then when they already said they dont even have a beta open for testing... Doesn't seem like this is going to work so well to me. We might be looking at another year before this happens. And what do you think this will do to the market of BD Items? You think they might drop of will people use this time to stock up and buy there sets.

7. CoS

CoS Level IV

I don't normally approve of change but this could be good ;)

In the spoiler is just a quote from the beta sign-up system. It looks like a reward system will also be added!

Things to know:

Please sign up with only one account - whichever your battle Neopet is on - so that everyone has a chance to participate!
    All levels welcome! Whether you're a newbie battler or a hardened veteran doesn't matter. We want feedback from all different levels. If you're interested, sign up!
    Premium players should also sign up using this form. There will not be a separate Premium closed beta (though you will have first dibs here to make up for it!).
    Any fight records acquired during the closed beta period (wins, losses, draws) may be cleared, and then cleared again, or not cleared at all, while we test the mechanics. None of your stats from old Battledome will be touched!
    Any prizes you earn during the beta are yours to keep! (Yes, prizes. SPOILER ALERT!)

8. Jane

Jane Level IV

If its better than the old BD I don't mind at all. Not that I use it much nowadays.

Hope they don't make us wait forever like the pound remake....

9. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well my set wasn't worth billions, but it was still a pretty awesome set. But I am still curious on what the new battledome will be like. It's about time.

10. und3ad

und3ad Level IV

TNT said don't sell your weaps...

11. Heya

Heya Level III

I worry, but we shall see. There's room for improvement in the BD, that's true. But i'm scared they will ruin it and make it for little kids, which means simplicity. I like the complexity of the current system.

12. coheed_

coheed_ Level II

I really hope it doesnt get put off. 3 months is long enough to wait.
    I doubt it will come with a plot. Doing the battledome up in itself would be a HUGE with the state it was in.

13. CoS

CoS Level IV

The thing that worries me is the potential for them to add an NC aspect to the new system. There would be no point in them re-doing the whole BD if they weren't going to get something out of it, right?

14. H3nry

H3nry Level III

Not sure what to do with my set, to sell, or to hold on to it, no idea how drastic these changes are going to be.

15. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

so from what tnt has said

there will be no access to the unequip page when the bd is down so unequip your weps now if you don't want them stuck

and those accepted into beta will have access to a new equip page so they dont need to worry about having nothing equipped.

16. H3nry

H3nry Level III

Thanks for the heads up on that, put all my stuff in SDP now.

17. fail

fail Level IV

Hopefully it wont be terrible

18. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

the battledome is officially down!

19. und3ad

und3ad Level IV

Anyone signed up for Beta?

20. thedup

thedup Level IV

I'm so scared that it's going to be awful. I liked the old battledome, and they haven't proven to me that they care about it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't even battle anymore