new moon.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rachel, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Rachel

Rachel Level I

So, I was watching the MTV Awards yesterday, and I saw the trailer for new moon, I thought it was AMAZING.(= Did anyone else see it?? What did you think?
    (i tried to look for it on youtube but i couldn't find it. :/ if you just so happen to stumble upon it, can you give me the link? ^-^

2. Megs

Megs Level III

OMG! I didn't see it! I really liked the first movie, even though everyone else hated it. I read the books so many times. I wish she would write like 1332094832 more . :D I couldn't rest until I saw the movie xD

3. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

Um not everyone hateded it I was addicted to it and I know I will be again when I see new moon, I have seen twilight and have read the 4 published books I can't wait for more!

I didn't see the trailor that makes me so sad I will find it though maybe try google im sure it must be out by now :S

4. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

I've read the series through multiple times; the books were pretty good but the Twilight movie...

The acting was terrible, the special effects were lacking to such an extent I'm not going to even bother bashing them (who else agrees the "sparkling" looked more like radioactive mold growing in the side of his face?), and every time a trailer came out my irl friends and I emailed back-and-forth criticizing it.

Of course, we all still ended up seeing the movie, which is probably why it had so many box office hits (true fangirls, the people who want to see it just to criticize it, and the in-betweens like my friends and I).

I hope the New Moon movie is better than the Twilight one, though I really doubt as many people will be overly enthusiastic about seeing it. (My little sister's 7th grade English teacher saw the 2 AM release. Her TEACHER.) After all, the New Moon book itself...I hated it. :x (Yes, I was one of those people just waiting for Edward to come back.)

5. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I did. I'm not a huge Twilight fan though. I still think the guy who plays Edward Cullen was better in Harry Potter 4! I think their acting sucks.
    But the only reason I like that movie is that Edward is written as such a sweet and caring person. No wonder every girl melts reading those books.
    But still though.
    Yuck to the max.
    Sorry :(

6. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

7. NightWolf

NightWolf Level II

I didn't really get into Twilight until after the movie came out. Had no plans to see it but I figured why not. Didn't really think it sucked that bad(though a lot of stuff I was still confused about), so I figured I'd read the books. Liked them, but still thought the writing was very poor.

And though New Moon was my least favorite of the four, from the trailer it looks like it is going to be better than the first. Not that the Werewolf really looks like much of a bear to me, but they could have done worse. *shrug*

8. Megs

Megs Level III

I JUST SAW THE NEW MOON COMMERCIAL ! :D

I can't wait to see it!

But why would they release the trailer when the movie isnt out for another like.. . 5 months! D:
    It's pure torture. xD
    It looks really good, except the part when Jacob turned into a wolf, it was really fake, but meh. :)

9. darkangelboy

darkangelboy Level I

Re: I JUST SAW THE NEW MOON COMMERCIAL ! :D

they do that for a lot of movies its kinda a taste lol

10. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

....yeah I really didn't like the series very much. It all went downhill after the first book (which was...alright). Seriously...deus ex machina much?

11. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Just watched the trailer.

I suppose I'll go see it, as I saw Twilight, if only to know what people are discussing. :p

New Moon was my least favorite of the Twilight books as well, and from the trailer...acting hasn't improved (though Alice is still pretty nicely casted), and the special effects are still rather lacking.

12. Megs

Megs Level III

Aha D:
    I don't know . I'm not very into books, and i liked it xD haha . I loved the series, and I literally couldnt sleep at night until i saw the movie, which cured my obsession ;P

13. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Level III

finally seen the trailer myself and as expected I can't wait until its released. I am so excited. well honestly I am more excited about the 4th movie that has been given the ok to produce after the 3rd, I think that will be the best one yet.

14. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Oh I read the whole series...the first one for fun, the second one because the first was alright, and then numbers three and four just so I could mock it. The prose is horrendous and awkward, the characterization cliché, and as I have said above, Stephenie Meyers relies on deus ex machina way too much. Now I haven't seen to movie so I can't personally pass judgment on it, but from what I've heard, they (Bella and Edward) apparently just breathe on each other a lot...>___<

Let's just say I'm not a fan... :D

though on a different note, since there were two topics about new moon....merged :)

15. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Kudos. I get to learn a new term today. :p (Really, though, the first things that comes to mind are Edward saving Bella from the van, Jacob saving her from Laurent drinking Bella's blood, Alice showing up to stop the final fight in Breaking Dawn...I'll second you on that.)

In the movie, all you really need to know is that Bella's voice sounds really masculine, and she breathes really hard/loudly throughout the entire thing. Edward looks creepy and undead-ish, rather than the supposed perfection claimed by the books. (Or just rent it and watch it someday when you're really, really, bored.)

16. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

One sentence about this film: JACOB IS DAMN HOT!

17. WingedOne

WingedOne Level II

LOL, yeah apparently he buffed up for the movie in order not to be kicked off the set :p. HOWEVER, it still doesn't live up to the book version of what werewolf human forms are like. SPEAKING OF NOT LIVING UP TO THE BOOK, has anyone noticed the severe lack in their budget to get a decent makeup artist? >_> Edward looks like a Geisha in one of the scenes in the trailer. I know that they mean well to put all the money into special effects, but COME ON, they should try to spend a little bit more cash on other things as well!!! I could go on, but ima end it here due to rising anger levels >_>.

18. Frosty

Frosty Newbie

I absolutely despise Twilight, chances are I'm not gonna like New Moon. The "Twilight" series is completely overrated in my honest opinion.

19. Molly

Molly Level III

I can't wait to see New Moon! Me and my friends are going the first day it comes out and watching. We're all obsessed :D
    The trailer does look amazing though. The wolves look way better than I thought they would, especially after seeing the first movie. New Moon looks like its going to be even better than Twilight, though =)

20. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

I'd imagine that since the first movie was such a big box office hit, that this next movie will have received much better funding and thus all the special effects and detail will look much better.

That said, I have no interest in the Twilight series: books or movies. Boring.