New snow globe looking thing. nf logo inside.

Discussion in 'Graphics & Art Showcase' started by gawjus1234, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gawjus1234

gawjus1234 Level III

this is my latest photoshop work. i slaved over this for about 6 hours. today was a very productive day. i got this done this morning.
    [​IMG]
    and i just finished this. btw, its 3:30 in the morning here and ive been working on this since about 9:00. Anyway, the moment you've all been waiting for....
    [​IMG]
    please tell me anything that doesn't look good about it. It has a sort of preservation ora about it. don't ya think. this is only the first try. im going to change the orb color to the blue of the nf logo. i think that will look way better. what do you think?

hehe. can you tell i like messing with 3d orbs? i think they look good though

2. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

[​IMG]

Left Arrow: Wow that sticking out effect doesn't look much fine to me.
    Right Arrow: Oops, there's a little bunch of blue pixels there sticking out!

Besides that, reduce the opacity in general and the transparent part that allows you to see the logo should be less opac. Hmmm, it's just that.

Btw, you've proven that you're a sphere fan, but why not using your skill/hardcore patience in other types of work? :)

3. gawjus1234

gawjus1234 Level III

the blue pixels sticking out are from the background. and i just haven't found anything that has as satisfying results as spheres i guess. ill change the opac asap. i don't like doing sigs. they are boring. i like 3d looking stuff and spheres are the easiest to see as 3d i guess. im working on a 3d ice cube that will be reeeaaalllyyy cool when i finish.

4. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

It took you 6 hours to make that thing that you say looks like a golf ball!?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but I believe I could make that in less than 15mins.
    Make a sphere, make lots of circles on it, and stick it through a sphere filter!

Why not try something that involves either drawing your own images or manipulating others to get dramatic/cool looking results. Actually learn to use brushes and stuff rather than just pre-made special effects.
    Also, as nice as you may find these spheres, they arent exactly useful on NF. They are too large to place in your avatar/siggy.

You obviously have an interest in manipulating pictures so why not try something a little more challenging :?

5. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

they are both good..
    i love golf.. but not real one... just games at mini clip.
    10/10

6. gawjus1234

gawjus1234 Level III

no the other one. i had some problems with getting the red parts to be right. the golf ball did take me about 20 min. ill keep that stuff in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.