News Caster need: Logic not required.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by hszmv, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hszmv

hszmv Newbie

Listening to the radio cover a news story about a tractor trailer that rear ended the minivan. Now, these people need to get the facts out and get them out quickly, and that's okay, but some times, they mess up. On the status of the passenger's involved in the accident, the News Castor gave the health of the driver as fine and "nobody else was in the minivan, and no one else in the mini van was injured." Think about it.

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    I thought.. And I'm confused....

I get that he said the driver was okay, no one else was in there.. and no one else IN the van were injured... Which seems like he didn't think about the statement... However he may have just stuffed up and meant to say no one else was injured..

Which could mean someone walking the street..

Or have I missed the point here?

3. Heather

Heather Level IV

I think his point was that the news person reported the status of the tractor's driver, but didn't actually report the status of anyone in the mini van before saying "nobody ELSE in the van was injured".. as if the tractor's driver was the driver of the mini van.

(this is a pretty pointless thread o_O )

4. 3dee

3dee Level III

Just a screw up in words I would say. I'm sure he just couldn't convey it to the public in a clear manner.