NF Running Slower?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Lightning, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, last night, I tried to get on NF, and it was down and all. Now, when I try to go anywhere on the site, it takes a lllooonnnggg time. Any reason/solution?

2. Freja

Freja Level IV

Ricky took the side down for 15 minutes yesterday (lurking the chat box) I dont know why though. But that might be why, it isn't running slow for me O:

3. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Well Ricky transferred the VPS over and what not. It was down for more than 15 mins yesterday. At first the forums worked, but all topics gave error and Ricky tried to fix it, then NF just wouldn't load for a couple of hours so I went to sleep.

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Some pages are taking a while to load. I'll see how long this lasts.

5. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

Let me explain. Yesterday, I took the forum done to backup the database and restore it on the VPS system I purchased. After the database had been copied, I edited the old server's configuration file so that it would connect to the new VPS to get DB data; this way when I wanted to switch servers I could do so without hassle (since the change takes different time, depending on which part of the world you live in). So I attempted to change the server... and it was giving out errors. It was late and I didn't have time to fix it at all, so I switched the server back to the old one, but it still had to connect to an external (slower) database, instead of the one located on the server itself. Now I fixed the VPS and transferred the domain http://www.neofriends.net/ to it, so everything should work smooth again. Report any eventual errors to me, or zer0.

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Ahh, I knew it was something with the VPS because I saw you in the cb talking about purchasing it XD

Yeah, well, it's running better now, thanks Ricky! *lock plz*

You don't know how grateful we are of the new VPS system ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.