NHL Playoff Picks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chrisw2525, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

Who do you think will make the playoffs this year and win the Stanley Cup? Please post the top 8 teams from the West and the East and who you think will make the Stanley Cup.

Western Conference:
    1.NASHVILLE
    2.ANAHEIM
    3.VANCOUVER
    4.DETROIT
    5.SAN JOSE
    6.DALLAS
    7.MINNESOTA
    8.CALGARY

Eastern Conference:
    1.BUFFALO
    2.NEW JERSEY
    3.ATLANTA
    4.OTTAWA
    5.PITTSBURGH
    6.TAMPA BAY
    7.TORONTO
    8.NY RANGERS

I want Toronto to win, but the chances are pretty slim, but I will never quit on them. I think Buffalo will win.

2. Jaggerrr

Jaggerrr Level IV

I dont really follow the NHL as much as i do the NFL but i say go the DALLAS STARS

3. ali913xx

ali913xx Level III

As far as the east coast goes, I would add Thrashers to your list.

4. ub0r

ub0r Level III

Is your list sorted by rank? As in #1 being division leader?

5. dadababa

dadababa Level II

All i want is colorado 2 be in it

6. orangejellybean

orangejellybean Level III

I Pick Vancouver for west, and colorado for east. I'm very biased; Im fans of both of them.

7. rapidah

rapidah Level III

uh... vancouver and colorado are BOTH in the west.
    division leaders are the teams that are in the top 3
    i want to see vancouver vs pittsburgh, just to see all that young talent in pittsburgh
    i hope avs make it because me being a canucks fan, i hate the alberta teams :p and if avs make it that means flames dont make it

8. orangejellybean

orangejellybean Level III

Ya, I know. I particularly like any teams in the East

Vancouver vs pitsburg? That does sound like a good game...

9. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

Do you mean NHL east or geographical east lol. GO REDWINGS.

10. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Calgary all the way.

They are my favorite team and have been since I was little. I hope they can fix their road Woes though, that is what's killing them. If they can't fix their road problems then they will have a tough hill to climb come play-offs.

Oh, and I <3 how Calgary is pushing Colorado out of the play-offs for the first time in 15 years or something ridiculous :D

11. Traitors Gate

Traitors Gate Newbie

I think the standing will basically stay the way they are now. Carolina will take the 8th in the Eastern Conference, New York Rangers will take the 7th. Unfortunatly I don't think Toronto will make it this year. Hopefully the Canucks will be in the finals, I'd like to see them againt Buffalo. Lungo has been playing really good lately.

12. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Lungo bails Vancouver out of sooo many sticky situations. Actually, so does Kippy. But yeah, I think that Toronto will take 8th in the Eastern, if they don't I'll be a little bit upset.

13. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

I stopped following the NHL religiously like I used to, but this will be the year Detroit comes out of its slump. First round exit last year? What a choke. They will not let it happen again. Go tigers, redwings, pistons...and maybe lions!

14. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Heh, they are already out of their slump. If they can keep it up in the play-offs that would be awesome. I for one don't think they will though :p.

15. rapidah

rapidah Level III

guys, its Luongo :p
    im sure u guys will remember how to spell his name every time after he wins the hart, vezina, and conn smythe 8)
    if the canucks can win in REGULATION vs the avs tonight, they clinch a playoff spot
    i rather the canucks beat avs in overtime tho just so avs could get another point so they have a higher chance catching the flames or if they miss playoffs, their draft pick wont be so high

16. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

Nooo! Vancouver needs to win in Regulation so Colorado won't catch my flames! Jeez, get is right Rapidah :p. Not a big flames fan I take it??

17. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

Penguins, all the way baby!!! - I hope so! I have always been a penguins fan and loved Mario Lemieux!

18. rapidah

rapidah Level III

lol, i hate both alberta teams and the wild :p
    i hate the wild because they keep winning and they just took over the division lead, luckily canucks have 2 games in hand
    i hate the alberta teams because... well.. i dont kno i just hate them lol
    they're in the same div as canucks so if they do well it means the canucks aren't doing well
    and yea those calgary road woes r so big lol
    1.5month ago i thought the people who would be fighting for the division lead would be the canucks and flames, but with canucks being so good, and the flames doing not so good, its between the wild and canucks
    oh another reason y i want the flames to miss the playoffs because they pretty much have this year and next year to win the cup, in 2 years, contracts like kippers, iginla, huselius will end and the flames traded some of their prospects for rentals this year so it would be funny to see them waste their prospects for nothing

19. Rexx

Rexx Level IV

You're correct with saying they have two years for a cup. They signed Tanguay for an additional 3 years earlier this month, and I'm sure they will keep Iggy. Kippy I dunno though, if he asks for too much then he could be gone. Kippy is good, but if he asks for around 6mill they can find better. That's a hard statement for me to make as a hardcore Calgary fan. Huselius is becoming one of my favorite players on the team, he's an all-round good player. Phaneuf though, they need to keep him... if they lose him then their D will crumble. See, Calgary needs their whole team, unlike other who rely on one or two players.

20. rapidah

rapidah Level III

meh. canucks lose in shootout, oh well, thats what happens when you pretty much play 1 period of hockey.. at least we get division back
    i don't really mind the loss, just really dissapointing because this should've been our game..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.