North Korea declares end to Armistice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lolcow, May 28, 2009.

1. lolcow

lolcow Level III

Source

... shit.
    Thoughts?

2. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

Well, I'm not going to deny for a second that this is our fault.

But still, that's scary. Especially because they have nukes D:. I really, really wish we could go back to a neutral nation as was intended by our founders. Alas, we wouldn't be in this mess that way.

I also would not like to see the US enter the Second Korean War. Just let it stay in Korea, lest it escalate into WWIII.

3. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

They have a couple large nukes, but none miniturized enough to be a warhead thank god =]
    So we're safe for now! North Korea is f**king crazy, I mean do they REALLY think they can take on China, South K, the US, Russia, and pretty much everyone else?

4. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

Well, they have allies... not powerful ones, but allies nonetheless, and that means that other [powerful] groups and countries may end up siding with them as well.

But we won the first Korean War pretty handily :p, and the only reason N.Korea stood a chance was because they were getting aid from other communist countries.

5. lolcow

lolcow Level III

The U.S. didn't "win" in Korea. It was a stalemate.

Either way, crazy dictator + nukes = ._.

6. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

eh, I'd say we won in Korea. We fought all the way up through North Korea to China ;). Vietnam, however, was a total loss.... we actually pushed Cambodia to communism by our intervention.

But yeah, nukes are never good for a crazy dictator to have xD.

7. lolcow

lolcow Level III

You forget the part where the communists pushed US forces back. Hello demilitarized zone.

8. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

Damn China!

<tangent>
    This is why I love NF.... we're having a discussion about the Korean War, on a Neopets cheat site. :D
    </tangent>

9. Chobo

Chobo Level I

we didn't really win in Korea. we pushed back up but then we were pushed all the way back down.. so yes stalemate

what makes N. Korea so dangerous is that it is a desperate nation, hopeless with its people starving so it doesn't care if it lead the world to a nuclear war because of its current conditions anyways.

im on the west coast so im a bit paranoid of n. korea nukes hitting us here =\ mid-east are safe though... for now :(

10. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

Florida might be getting a bit worried too. Essentially Cuba is North Korea's only potent ally.

China has decided to break relations with North Korea, which is good because they're arguably the only other world superpower right now. We should be fine, regardless of what N. Korea does.

11. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

N. Korea is working and i think there goal is to get a a nuclear missile to California, and unless we stop them, i think with in the next year, they will be capable of it. Weather we can shoot it down or not, it won't be soon enough, the blast would blow Hawaii off the face of the earth, period, if not do damage to California too...

12. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Plus radiation from as blast zone would spread for another ~200mile radius. That would not be good.

And the Korean War did end as a stalemate. On the other hand, without China's help this time...unless North Korea decides to risk a nuclear winter, having this be a WWIII of nukes...

...mm, maybe is a psychological warfare ploy?

13. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

I just wish the top countries would step it up and lay the smackdown on them. This fatass dictator pushes everyone around and they just respond by wagging their fingers, all the while NK tries to build something more intimidating.

They do have a couple of years till they reach the capacity to be a big threat (need to miniturize warheads and develop longer range missiles), but I have a feeling that soon enough someones going to finally take drastic action against them.

But we can only hope =[

14. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

i know if Mc Chain was elected, being the warhead he is, would of done something by now about it... I don;t think obama relizes the threat they pose... If someone doesn't invade and stop it, sooner or later, we'll just have a big nuclear war... Really, obama needs to "change" NK by stopping this... SK are allies, thus we should protect them, and being allies, they are likely to come after us. They appeartly already have the ability to send a nuclear misle to Alaska, but not California YET... yet being the key words. I have a fear that its gona get ugly fast... Obama should pull troops from iraq and send them to NK... right now, NK poses a bigger threat then Alkida... And we need to act like it does, by declaring war against them...

15. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

You'd think that all the trillions of dollars going into military that the government would utilize their anti ballistic missile defenses that they used to claim were so uber.. Seriously, why invide. Pull a Hiroshima.

16. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

<tangent>
    Please do :). Aim it right at that gov'nas house.
    </tangent>

17. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

lmao, you could, but... hats a tad extreme... maybe... lol

Just invade and arrest they're government officials (and hang them like sadam husan) :)

18. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

And let the vids get leaked again so we can see Kim Jong-il get killed ^^

19. Jubixion

Jubixion Level II

This could be a high chance for the world war 3 lmao. With a mad dictator and people who live in a place where they think is heaven, what can we do?

imagine this scenario:

12.01pm North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles at USA
    12.02pm:USA fires 100 nuclear missiles at North Korea; its sure death.
    I believe its the start of world war 3. Do you?

20. Guitarplayer1955

Personally I'm freaked out. If they decide to use those Nukes they could destroy the U.S and they way things are going, there's gonna be a huge war soon :(