North Korea Threatens 'Nuclear Deterrence'

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by arcrutus, Jul 24, 2010.

1. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

In response to Pyongyang's sinking of the Cheonan in March, the U.S is sending 8000 troops, 20 war ships, and 200 planes to the NLL (Northern Limit Line) to engage in war-games with our South Korean Allies.

North Korea has called this a "violation of their sovereignty ", and have also said that they will respond with physical force to the show of strength. Saying they will use their "Nuclear Deterrent".

FUCK you North Korea. Learn to not be 6 year olds.

2. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Yea, exactly. They are getting on my nerves.
    North Korea needs to stop acting like complete idiots, which are probably saying this right about now, "oh lets push everybody's buttons and then try to get away with it"
    Seems like they are just looking for a fight.

3. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

Oh they absolutely are.

I find it downright appalling that they ADAMANTLY deny torpedoing the Cheonan....like seriously, if you're gonna be throw blows take some PRIDE in it at least! Hah.

And then having the nerve to say that practicing maneuvers in SOUTHERN waters is a freaking violation of their sovereignty?!?! Who do they think they are?

And then for the cherry on top they go and say: "Heyyyyy....so you're in our enemies waters, doing your thing...but you know what? We're gonna throw some nuclear shit at you. But you know what else? Our big bro is China...so suck it."

Obama is standing firm though. Finally an administration is standing up to them....'bout time.

4. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

To be honest, North Korea will probably continue with their posturing and occasional trouble-making without much resistance from the West. The US is unlikely to start another war, unless it is attacked directly by North Korea (the chances of which is close to nil, since even North Korea can't be that stupid...). As for South Korea, I doubt it will rush into a war without Western support. North Korea knows this very well, and will continue to take advantage of South Korea and the West's reluctance to act.

5. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

Yeah, if the South started a conflict with the North, Seoul would be leveled within minutes and they both know it. But we shall see what this weekend brings, the troops are probably piling in as I type this.

If the North follows through with retaliation...it won't bode well for anyone :/

Especially them ;)

6. singapore

singapore Level III

and the excercise is launched..

i wonder if N.Korea will really react to this. they can't be THAT dumb..

the minute the missile is launch on their side, they will almost instantly be bombard by any and everything that the neighbour countries have, a couple of hours and countries from all over the world will be sending aircrafts over. the fight will be over in a matter of hours..

7. Grimwolf08

Grimwolf08 Level I

BUT.....They do have the 4th largest standing army in the world...However, that amounts to jack if the entire country is a smoking crater. Kim Jong Il(sp?) Is gonna get NK bombed...-_-

8. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

Haha, well the Us has plenty of shinny nukes hidden away as well as top secret weapons....lol....
    I think Obama is standing firm.. But I don't think he wants a war. So its more of a bluff on his part.

9. arcrutus

arcrutus Level I

Well the operation was planned previous to the sinking of the Cheonan, so it's safe to say they've been planning this for a while. No one wants a war, but North Korea needs to be shown that they are by no means free to do what they want.

10. Grimwolf08

Grimwolf08 Level I

Very true. But try to explain that to the pint sized dictator that leads 'em.
    Kim Jong Il.....Whole lotta evil, itty bitty ZIP file.

11. 5tar

5tar Level I

Honestly with Kim Jong Il being dictator I wouldent be surprised if N.Korea just nuked the world so they could be the only ones left and then they could eat all the dogs they want...

12. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

13. domini212

domini212 Level III

my bf think they will star wIII. accrd to Nostradamus.

14. tarzan993

tarzan993 Level I

I actually hope they will do something. North Korea is bugging the world far too much with their annoying death threats. Then actually bombing a south-korean ship just like that, killing so many people. I think if not handled properly, they will do the same thing over and over again.