1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOTICE: To all having any problems with GM, READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Program Help' started by Heya, May 13, 2012.

1. Heya

Heya Level III

The setTimeout() function, which is used to delay a piece of code to run later a specified time, was broken in Greasemonkey version 0.9.19. This was used is every script I have wrote for neopets, and as far as I could imagine, every script every written for neo as its your only way to time out any kind of waiting traditionally.

The other problem is Greasemonkeys' updater is not downloading it automatically, as it is a beta version. However, I can assure that it has worked fine for me. Here's a piece of text from their download page:

Version 0.9.20.beta1 Released May 11, 2012 170.0 KB Works with Firefox 3.6 and later
    Bug fixes:

* A change in 0.9.19 broke setTimeout() for a variety of cases, that has been reverted. (#1549, #1553)
    * Scripts with long names and/or file names could fail to install in Windows. (#1546)

Also, here's the link to the download: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 9.20.beta1

Commy likes this.
  2. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know Heya.

3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Don't think I was having any problems... Maybe I'm running old FF and GM :p

4. Heya

Heya Level III

Maybe. It was only broken for a day or two before they patched it with a beta release, so if you didn't use it in that time, you wouldn't of noticed. I noticed cause i was getting errors reported to me while using my gm scripts, and ended up looking into it and found this bit of info out.