obama drama

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ak*, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

2. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

Too bad. I am upset

3. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

im not America needed to change.

4. Virre

Virre Level IV

I've got goose-bumps everywhere. I'm so proud of having watched this election and I'm so proud of you Americans for chosing Obama as your next president!

5. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I am a Canadian; But my social teacher has been talking about it almost every day for the past month or so.
    I am pretty happy Obama won too, although it has very little to do. It's time to take another road other than a republican one :yup: Goodbye Bushhhh! :D
    God Bless America =o

6. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

I'm with Virre and Mooie. Im not American but i think this election is the biggest in history. Now lets just see what change he brings.

7. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

Yes, lets wait and see how all of us regret this choice.

8. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

I see you were a major Mccain supporter.

9. orangejellybean

orangejellybean Level III

I am canadian.
    And I was a Obama supporter. But on facebook's Bathroom wall, *if any of you know what that is*
    I saw harsh racial comments about him. Also, at Mccains speech congratulating him, they booed. How ridiculous. :nope:

10. Adam

Adam Level III

Most people like obama because hes popular. My sister lied to her friends about voting for McCain b/c buffoon-ish young voters are obsessed with the idea of obama and change when they dont even know what is going to be changed or anything about obama besides his race. We dont like the current situation, so Ahhhh change seems appealing huh? well who says this change is gonna make us better off? For example.

Your leg is broken so you use crutches to walk. You dont like this one bit, no siree, you want change!
    someone offers change and you gladly oblige. They break your other leg and you are now in a wheelchair. change?..Yes.

Obamas tax plan is about as "planned" as monkeys throwing shit at eachother. Its pretty obvious to everybody that the world economy is pretty important right about now. Any anybody who failed a course on economics can tell you about incentives, and how taxes distort them. Why not take Obama's approach: Raise business revenue from 35-50% why dontcha... maybe because it DISTORTS THE INCENTIVE for people to start a business... hurting the economy. Why not raise taxes on the rich why dontcha!??? seems reasonable... Consider this. How many plumbers and burger flippers are going to be stimulating economic growth with investments and entrepreneurship? Now how many rich successful people are going to be stimulating economic growth with investments and entrepreneurship? Lets take the money the rich are going to stimulate the economy with and create deadweight losses by taxes the hell out of them? hardly intelligent if you ask me...

Obama got elected because hes new, different, charismatic, and promised 95% of people tax cuts. Pretty much he spoonfed everyone the BS they wanted to hear. Call me a racist, but most black people support Obama and in today's culture, black people are looked upon for what is cool. People will never admit it, but they are just blindly following the crowd. Many people made their decision to love obama the day they heard about his promise of change and the thought of a black president.

You all assume im a raving McCain supporter as of now. I really dont love the guy. His tax plan is good, but hes a buffoon with regards to many other aspects as all traditional "christian morals" politicians are. Pro-life?... Get out of my house. Any baby whose mother wants aborted will have a crap life if born. He'll either enter a family in a time where they are financially unable to support him, or will end up adopted which may or may not turn out terrible or decent. And even not considering the terrible potential life, this isnt 1769, a woman makes the decision what she does with her body.

lets sum this up. Please be educated if your going to obsess about a particular candidate. Blind following makes u a mindless idiot. When promised change of an undesirable situation. ASK WHAT THE CHANGE WILL RESULT IN. Hopefully this wont mess up the economy even more... hopefully presidential economic advisors can push us through this.

11. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

I highly doubt most starting businesses would earn enough to actually be effected by the tax raise on businesses. Both McCain's and Obama's tax plans have positive/negative aspect but I think what effects how people perceive them is their own ideology-whether we should help the economy from the top down or from the bottom up. There are more middle class people than super rich, so Obama won.

12. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

The needs of few will never out way the needs of many. Obama somehow got citizens to vote that would normally stay out of politics. the rich can;t get richer when a economical crisis occurs because it leaves a big gap socially and financially.

Take into consideration that yes the world economy is in dire state but obviously Obama is seen as a solution by many voters.

Just can't wait to see what happens in the coming years.

13. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

Excuse me, what change are you all talking about?
    Streets won't be painted in pink color, kids won't go to school at 2 months of age. Traffic won't proceed on red lights.
    I do not understand what change?

14. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

But what's wrong with that? Obama's election has given so many people hope and the belief that anything is possible. I don't see the problem. Obama has already stated that nothing can happen in a day. He's already stated that the government can't solve every problem, but the fact that he has the desire to change what's being done right now and will be honest with us is cause enough for celebration.

And his financial plan is not going to make the rich poor. He's not planning on taking millions out of every single pocket, so calm down. My parents are most likely not going to receive any tax breaks, but they're still celebrating his election. There's nothing wrong with trying to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor. Let's stop being so effing greedy and just help for Christ's sake. And who's to say the poor won't go out and stimulate the economy? I saw sooo many interviews from young people yesterday who now have the motivation to do what they thought was impossible before. I don't get how anyone can complain about that.

Plus, everyone around the world was rooting for Obama! They're hoping he can make this nation a less arrogant one. We need to realize that America isn't the only country on this planet. With his humility, I'm sure the rest of the world won't hate us as much. I'm totally okay with that, lol.

15. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

well said Ang. I believe America was in trouble financially and socially so really Obama would help stop the bleeding. As Ang said he wants to change and has the motivation to do that. i didn't see that out of Mccain.

16. Snowmanny

Snowmanny Level III

anyone who votes for McCain is a completely ignorant person. Obama completely dominated the election and McCain's only defences were trying to put Obama down. Every single one of mccains adds on tv were negative ads. Put skin color aside here, Obama was the right choice by far.

17. dee123123

dee123123 Level II

We showed Obama what we can do. Now let's see what he can do.

18. saralee33

saralee33 Level I

I listened to Senator Obama's acceptance speech and intend to find it in print so I can re-read it occasionally. It was very charismatic and had such a hopeful message.
    I think he speaks with a forked tongue >:) He's got 4 years to prove differently.

19. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

If you knew anything about politics, you would know it's mostly opinions, very little facts. If you weren't so ignorant, you would have said Obama was the right choice in MY OPINION.

Which is BS. In my opinion ;)

20. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Guys...I don't think it really matters who was elected...hell even if it was Ralph Nader, anything is an upgrade from Bush.