Ok, another Iphone Problem, please. Help.

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Tally, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tally

Tally Level III

So my last topic about my iphone was locked in like one day for some reason, so I had to make this one.

Ok so here's the problem, The apps that I added to my iphone, such as Flash Light, Paper Toss, Etc. don't really work. When I select them they begin to work at first, but after about 2 seconds, they close, and it's as if I never selected them. Any ideas? I tried restarting my iphone, but I still have the same problem. Please, I'm freaking out.

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

try updating all your apps

3. Tally

Tally Level III

You mean by deleting them, and then adding them again?

4. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

nope

apps store > updates

5. Tally

Tally Level III

Well I'm currently taking out some things I don't need out of my iphone, because the memory is nearly overflowing.

Then I'll try the updates as you said, to see if it helps. Thank you.

6. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

is your firmware updated? some apps work with the 3.0 firmware and some don't work with the 3.0 firmware.

7. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

Do you have internet on it? Or were you in a place with no service? I know some apps need the internet in order to work. My word warp won't even open if I'm not connected to the internet.

8. Tally

Tally Level III

Yeah, I updated my firmware, but they still didn't work.

I don't have internet on it, but these were apps that shold work without it.

I fixed the problem, but I had to delete, and reinstall all the apps that didn't work, which was a pain. But it got the job done, so I don't mind.

Also do any of you guys know a quick way to delete songs from an Iphone? Cause I got like 2000 that I never listen to anymore.

9. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

i guess you can use itunes to remove songs

i can't think of a quicker way to do it, in fact i can't think of any way to do it except to use itunes

10. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

Okay, so I started having the same problems again. None of my apps would open either and this happened right after I plugged my iphone into the comp. Any downloaded apps wouldn't open. So instead of redownloading everything, which I've done before, I looked around for an answer... I found this. It worked, so you might want to try it if it happens to you again.

This fixed it:

I FIGURED IT OUT !

There's something going on with the latest version of iTunee.
    This affects people with old and new version of firmware for iPhone 3G.

What happens... All your apps stop working because they are no longer authorized for use, after a syncing with iTunes.

The fix... Before doing a sync with iPhone, deselect all the applications. Sync (in effect, you're removing all applications from your iPhone). In iTunes, click Store / Authorize Computer, and enter your password. Don't worry, you won't use up any of your 5 alloted activations. Go back to applications and reselect all your applications. Sync. You're done and EVERYTHING WORKS !

I figured this out when i tried the delete / restore technique mentioned before. iTunes gave me a message saying my computer was not authorized to restore the applications. Huh? So in fact it's iTunes causing the headaches.

11. Tally

Tally Level III

Ok, thx for the help everyone, I solved the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.