Paris Hilton set free after being 3 days in prison

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by goncalo, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Paris Hilton has been released from prison, after just three days.

The hotel heiress - who received a 23-day sentence, reduced from 45 days, for driving with a suspended licence - has left California's Century Regional Detention Facility and been put on 40-day house arrest.

Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, revealed Paris was released for "medical reasons" and had now been fitted with an ankle bracelet which will be used to keep track of her whereabouts.

Whitmore could not give out exact details of the socialite's ailment dueto US privacy laws, saying: "I cannot specifically talk about the medical situation other than to say that yes, it played a part in this."

Paris, 26, will be confined to living within a space of around 3,000 to 4,000 square feet at her lavish home for the duration of her tagging, and will not be allowed out for any social or work-related events.

The blonde star was released after midnight in the early hours of Thursday morning (07.06.07) and was officially "re-assigned" to house arrest at 2.09am.

Paris' sentence has now reverted back to the original 45-day sentence, and because she checked into the correctional facility on Sunday night (03.06.07) and was discharged on Thursday morning her total time in jail amounts to five days.

During her brief stay in prison, Paris was placed in a solitary confinement cell which measured just 12 by eight feet.

It had a bunk bed, a toilet, wash basin and two small windows.

---------------------------------------------------------

And that was from IMDB...
    Hell this b***h is the most annoying celeb ever x_x

2. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

Yeah I saw this on yahoo. She just keeps making excuses....I think some of the inmates got to her. :twisted:

3. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Lol wouldn't surprise me after the tapes she done before.
    But she was in an isolated cell so that can't be true.

4. mash

mash Level II

wow....i cannot believe that, thats downright outrageous! i think the words pay and off come to mind

5. osok69

osok69 Level II

wow...i can't believe the special treatment stars get these days its so dumb!

6. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

Oh didn't see that part in the article...I though she was going to be in a regular 2 person cell by herself.

7. osok69

osok69 Level II

lol too bad she wasn't sharing a room...that would have taught her a lesson!

8. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

She'd be beaten up if she was in a public prison cell.
    I believe she'll still suffer outside. Knowing her, being 40 days without drinking alcohol will be painful enough, she'll never forget it xP

9. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

Noo..being 40 days with out sex will be painful for her... :lol:

10. quark778

quark778 Level II

I was just reading this too. I'm guessing her medical condition was claustrophobia? I do hope her new bracelet is full of diamonds!

11. kayla_of_nosgoth

kayla_of_nosgoth Level II

im glad she at least got to go to jail :twisted: i cant stand paris hilton, shes an arrogant lil hotel heiress who thinks she can go around disobeying the law just because shes rich and famous, maybe this will teach other star (can she even be considred a star?) that just because your famous doesnt mean your above the law

12. quark778

quark778 Level II

Well from what I learned from one of my old teachers is that jail is not a means of punishment but a means to remove a criminal from society for a certain amount of time to keep the public safe or to rehabilitate the criminal until they become a contributer to society.

I'm guessing they figured that the public is safe whether Paris is in jail or under house arrest and also she contributes to society in some form (like charity events, donations, etc) so they decided jail wasn't for her.

13. glowworm

glowworm Level II

I can't believe the intense hatred people seem to have for Paris. I don't particularly like her, but it seems silly to be outraged that she got a lighter sentence, especially when the sentence was ridiculous to begin with.

14. quark778

quark778 Level II

Why is she a spoiled b****? Yes she's rich because of her family she can't help that but she makes her own money. She makes over 10 mil a year without the Hilton fortune. So if she wants to spend lavishly on herself it's her right to. I mean she earned the money on her own.

15. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

Well it's basicall what kayla_of_nosgoth said. She thinks just because she's rich she does not have to obey the law.

16. p4nd3m0n1um

p4nd3m0n1um Level III

When posting try not to post short messages plz.

17. glowworm

glowworm Level II

Plenty of poor people think they don't have to obey the law as well, why isn't anyone throwing a tantrum over one of them being given a light sentence?

18. quark778

quark778 Level II

I honestly think what she got, which was actually 5 days in jail according to her lawyer, and 40 days under house arrest is enough. I know plenty of people charged with DUI that served less than this and didn't get nearly as much embarrassment and harassment as her. That in itself is punishment enough.

19. darc-death

darc-death Level III

i think that people like her should be permanently jailed just to make the world a better place :)

20. jdp1230

jdp1230 Level III

agree 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.