Photoshopping and icons I've made *image heavy*

Discussion in 'Graphics & Art Showcase' started by she_devil101, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

I used to photoshop a lot. I made a lot of like LJ icons and stuff. They're all pretty simple and slightly cam-whorish, but whatever. I'm bored and I'm here so, here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a few LJ layouts I've done:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Icons:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Woah, nice!

Did you make all those icons from scratch? Minus the original photo, of course.

3. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Yup, the titanic ones, and gone with the wind one, i took the stills of those from the movies, shrunk them and then made them into icons, and the rest I just found stock photos and made them into icons.

4. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

wowwww. i really love the first lj layout that you made. the picture you used is gorgeous. <3

you took those stills? cool! i wish mine came out as decent as that. xD gold star for the brian molko icons. :)

5. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Thanks! I actually had to photoshop in the lightning in the the background cause that wasn't originally in it, haha. I just thought it made the picture look better.

Yeah, I used to just watch movies and take stills throughout and paste them into Photoshop, and then afterwards go back and see what i could make with them. What movie player are you using when you're watching DVDs? I'm using PowerDVD, which actually has a "Capture" feature... And gold star for you, for knowing who Brian Molko is!!

6. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

that livejournal skin is AMAZING O_O

if i could, i would totally use that on my LJ hahah. it needs a bigger text box though, but maybe thats just me because i like to write a lot :lol:

7. filthy

filthy Level II

Those are incredible! Have you ever designed any flyers for events? I have tons of friends who run art exhibitions and drum n bass/grime/garage/dubstep/house nights, and are always looking for flyer designs!

8. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

cool. :D i didn't even think it was photoshopped until you told me... it looks so realistic.

i use windvd 4... it's, uh... lacking, to put it simply. haha. usually i just watch dvds on my 360 though. the computer screen starts to hurt after a while.

9. NoPoint

NoPoint Level III

Very cool, love the Placebo ones. He is such a little cutie pie. I am so sappy sometimes. :D

Anyway, lots of cookies for you, and do some more stuff! :yup:

10. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Thank you! No, I haven't really designed anything for anyone really. Although I did used to make livejournal layouts for people a lot. :)

That'd be pretty cool though. I once got offered a job by a photographer to work as a photoshopper for him though. The guy who did my senior pictures, actually.

Aw, thanks. I photoshop everything usually, just cause.. well everything looks better when it's been through photoshop! And, I don't have a 360... or a ps3 or anything like that, so I'm pretty limited to my computer. :) you should get a bootleg powerdvd though sometime if you're interested in stills like that.

Why thanks. :) Haha, the text box can be altered pretty easily, just a matter of adjusting the length pixels. LJ layouts were definitely my specialty, I must say. I did a lot of those.

He IS a cutie pie-- I've seen them in concert twice, front row. I TOUCHED HIM!! :) -sap-
    Thanks much! -chomps on cookies-

11. fivedrinksin

fivedrinksin Level III

haha. i know what you mean. i photoshop my myspace pictures even... not to remove blemishes or whatever, but to make 'em all purty and glowy and adjust the lighting and whatnot. i'm strange like that. ^^; i'll definitely think about checking that program out, though... i wish i'd had that when i did my "beware the groove" picture. would have been SOO much easier.

YOU LUCKY DUCK!!

i remember getting all excited about placebo coming to austin (where i live) a couple of years ago. then i did a little reading and figured out i had MISSED the concert because it was the year before. *huff* the closest i've gotten to seeing them live is watching their "soulmates never die" dvd. oh, how i love that dvd...

are they any good live? they look like it... but of course if the concert was being filmed, a lot of bands would add extra theatrics and such.

ah... i'm getting a little off-topic. i luff your graphics. ^^

12. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

Don't feel bad about photoshopping myspace pics, and such. I do the exact same thing. I guess we're both strange. :)
    Yes, they're awesome live. I nearly got to meet them! My mom met the band manager in a restaurant next door and talked to him for a while and he was saying he could try to get me in... But their VIP group was filled for the night so I couldn't get in to see them. But I did get a free poster, their setlists, a lot of their guitar picks. It was a lot of fun. :)

It's okay. and thank you again! :)

13. avblue

avblue Level II

Nice work! I especially love the first 2 LiveJournal layouts; they're really cool!

14. miranda

miranda Level II

The icons are v. nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.