Please help with proxies

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by purple315, Jan 9, 2010.

1. purple315

purple315 Level III

I try to use one but whenever i try my internet wont work. Can anyone help?

2. BobaFett

BobaFett Administrator
    Staff Member

3. purple315

purple315 Level III

Thanks but it is not helping my problem. My internet won't work with proxies? Or maybe im using the wrong one?

4. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Richy likes this.
  5. purple315

purple315 Level III

Should i use 125.358.216.3 as my proxy?

6. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

YOu mean actually using the one I just posted? No it's a fake proxy I was just posting it how proxies usually come when you find them on websites. They'll have 4 sets of numbers divided by (.) and then 1 set of numbers divided by :)) the first set of numbers is the actual proxy the set after :)) is the port.

7. purple315

purple315 Level III

I found some and tried but my internet stops working. Is it because my internet doesn't allow proxies or something?

8. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Do what I said before and use that website to check the proxies to see if they even work. What exactly is your brwser saying when you try to go to a website after adding the proxy?

9. Richy

Richy Level IV

+rep for the samair link
    for Neo purposes, do you want elite or high anon proxies?
    I imagine anon would be fine for weekend ABing, but would you want elite for account creation?

10. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Well it as far as anonymity goes it's:
    Elite
    High Anon.
    Anon.
    Transparent

So it's really at your discretion how you want to run it. Elites tend to be faster but it really depends. A good way to check how fast a proxy is would be to run it through samair by itself and see how long it takes to test. How long it takes to get the result usually coincides with how fast the proxy will be.

11. Richy

Richy Level IV

Righto, but I'm more concerned about TNT detecting me... will they get mad if there is an anon proxy? That means that they can't see my proxy, but there is no cover, correct?
    So; do they freeze if they don't see an IP attached to accounts created?

12. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

Hmm I can't really speculate on what TNT does or doesn't do but from my experience I haven't gotten iced from using high anon./regular anon. proxies for account creation. From what I understand(I could be wrong) the breakdown of proxies are something like this:
    Elite Proxies: Fully Masks your IP but also doesn't let websites know that you;re on a proxy server. end to be uber fast
    High Anonymous Proxies: Pretty much the same as Elites but can sometimes be slow
    Anyonymous Proxies: Mask your IP but websites might be able to tell you're on a proxy server
    Transparent: They can see you and your first born child(not really unless you have a pic of your first born child on your comp and they decide to hack your comp)

13. Richy

Richy Level IV

Great description for Transparent ^^
    thanks for all the help, I reckon I'll stop worrying about anon then

14. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

purple; it's likely not an issue with your computer but rather with that proxy. You just have to test them and see which ones work.

The samair link is good, as well as this one:
    http://www.textproxylists.com/checker.php

There's also a program called accessdriver which will test out as many as you need, and you can just pull lists of proxies from websites with lists of free proxies- most of these proxies will be so slow they'll 'time out' and you can't use them, which is why you have to test them. I used to test hundred with Accessdriver and come up with only a couple usable ones, and ones that were only usable for a few days. But the program was easy enough to run; unfortunately it'd not all to easy to navigate without a guide and I can't find or remember the one I used.

15. purple315

purple315 Level III

Thanks for all the help! Its good now. But if i take off the proxy (like delete) and put on no proxy, does my address go back to my old one?

16. GrapeFruit

GrapeFruit Level IV

You can just tick off the proxy without deleting it and your regular IP will be back. To check you can go to myipaddress.com

purple315 likes this.
  17. purple315

purple315 Level III

ok thanks for all the help. im done here

18. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. A proxy doesn't really "change" your IP address; instead, think of it as a mask or a glove. You can put it on or take it off as much as you want, but your actual IP address/face/hand doesn't truly change. When you're using a proxy, it simply tells websites that your IP address is that of the proxy, instead of your actual one. Depending on the anonymity of the proxy, websites can also see your real IP address as well, or they might see only the proxy's and never know yours, and even not know that you're using a proxy.

Marlene's guide is the best.

19. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

i don't understand proxies...but ppl say theyare good...so i just try and use the firefox addons.