Programmers Update PMing...

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Heya, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Heya

Heya Level III

I was thinking about how programs get outdated, and when you finally get them fixed, will people even know you fixed it?

Even if you come on regularly, you won't check for an update in a broken program often, if at all.

So my suggestion is that programmers can send a PM to everyone who owns the program that its fix or updated. That way, users know better that a program has been fixed.

You may say we already have code for auth to warn for updates, but that's if they run the program regularly. If its broken and they know so, why would hey run it? They might never find that it was updated and fixed...

Thoughts?

2. Rundownandy

Rundownandy Level IV

I agree.. Because I have some programs that I stopped using because of glitches and I never checked for updates. Pm's would be useful. ^_^

3. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

That's a freaking good idea !
    You get my vote on this one.

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)

5. Kaden

Kaden Level I

6. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    ..I know as a Moderator we can PM Multiple people at once (it allows us to CC/BCC it to users.)

And obviously there is a list of persons authorized for each program. If that programmer got access to the list (as well as CC and BCC abilities) that would solve this problem yea?

As for how possible to do this is.. that's where I know what the?

7. Kaden

Kaden Level I

I would suggest only BCC (Dunno how people feel about their usernames being in the received list)..
    there must be a way to make a mailing list of some sort for programmer only users.

They have moderation of the programming section (IIRC), so why not give them the option to add a mailing list of all the people who are authorized to use the program? =)

it would also mean that they can't spam peoples message boxes who didn't download their program, if it is just a list of Authorized users =)

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member