[Rate] My very first... anything. o-o

Discussion in 'Graphics & Art Showcase' started by Rhett, May 27, 2009.

1. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Yeah, I know is small, kinda lame, but its something. xD give me hope that I might be okay at this one day? It took me like twenty minutes on Paint.NET. If people kinda like it, I might make this my forreal av. one thing I noticed was it's really pretty dark. Too dark?
    *EDIT* Well, just cleared all the other images. Just uploaded it to my sig instead. The only problem I have with it is that the "rhett" is too close to the corner. I think I should move it over to the right and down about two pixels. Yes, two pixels matter to me. xD

EDITEDIT: Mkay... I think I'm done.

2. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I like it! My only advice would be to use a higher resolution and to use a vector for the lines an edges so they're not so pixely. I don't use paint.net though, so for all I know it might not even have vector support. But all in all it's very nice!

3. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

I like it! Especially the background!

The font is a bit iffy, it's good, but try playing around with what font you use to see if anything better looking comes up.

And it is dark, but you were able to achieve high contrast, and it still looks clear and, well, awesome!

Good job!

4. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

:D You're filling me with hope! I should so work for Pixar. B)

As for vector... is he german? ;_;

Oh, and as for the font. :| I'm not sure what else to use. I know what I want though. A bold look with all caps. since my name is all over the place (the r is short, h is long, e short, and t's long.) so i can't use lower case. it looks funny to me. :p I have some fonts that lower case and upper are the same size, but those don't fit this image.

5. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

o.o let's not get too far ahead of ourselves o.o

as for the vector thing it's a better way to select things, at least for all intents & purposes on nf.net, in photoshop and gimp it has vectors, which aren't predertimed by pixels, but rather by mathematical equations, so you don't get pixely corners at any size at all... not sure about paint.net since i've never used it... i myself started out on photoshop, but if it's a decent graphics program it should have vector capabilities

6. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

You're crushing my dreams, man! D:

Mkay so... Free Photoshop CS3 download? Just go to limewire? :/

7. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

yea if you don't wanna pay $800 for it probably stay away from limewire cuz it gives viruses pretty often but we're not really supposed to talk about this but if you wanna pm me i can probably find it for you on the internet...

8. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Mkay, so to stop the illegal talks, back to suggestions on my av?

9. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

it looks better, the entire things is less pixely and the brightness and contrast work great together although you do have one corner that's still a full corner not really a curve...

10. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

It was supposed to be a lit of an artistic thing, but now that you mention it, it doesn't really look retro, but more so out of place.