Rep Points

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by sweetpea1317, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetpea1317

sweetpea1317 Level I

Is it possible to remove a bad rep point?

I got one, and I pm'd the person to ask why and they've replied it was a mistake and they hit the wrong button, is there any way to take it off?

Edit : Actually I've got 2 now, and the person posted +rep on the thread in question .... :(

2. Osteomancer

Osteomancer Newbie

If it quickens the process I was the one who gave the negative reputation and meant to give positive.

3. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

I did remove Osteomancer's rep, but you mis-read what the rep boxes mean.

[​IMG] = +rep
    [​IMG] = neutral rep
    [​IMG] = -rep

As a new user, you start of with 0 rep power, and then receive 1 rep power when you reach 50 forum posts.
    So what you perceived as negative reps, were in fact neutral reps (0 rep power) because the users who gave you a postive rep, had under 50 posts.

Hopefully that clears things up

4. sweetpea1317

sweetpea1317 Level I

Thanks commy, I didn't realize there was a neutral, just went by the thumbs up/down lol.

I did read the rep stuff when I joined but thought new users couldn't do anything as they had 0 power, never noticed they could give neutral ... so I take it that means if a new user tries to give positive it will automatically show up as neutral? Surely if they have 0 power they shouldn't be able to register any feedback at all to avoid this?

5. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

You're right, new users are allowed to give positive and negative rep, and it will automatically show up as neutral, but that doesn't mean that their gratitude is worthless.
    To "avoid this" sort of situation in the future, users should try to provide comments when they do rep.
    eg. viewreputation.php?id=790
    You can hardly take the neutral rep with the comment "YOU ROCK" as a sign of negativity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.