Small Parental Rant...

Discussion in 'World of SPAM' started by Jenna Syde, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

I just really needed to get this off my chest.

So, my dog is nearly a week late in birthing her five or six pups and my father had become quite the piece of work. He's moody beyond belief and has taken it apon himself to walk around like some momma-hawk.

He's constantly ranting about my youngest dog "harassing" Chewbacca (our pregnant female) - coonstantly yelling at me to "do something with him". Like I'm suppose to hold him down on a daily basis just so Chewy can get comfortable.

And now, he's riding my back because he has a "hunch" Chewy's giving birth in the yard. But, heaven forbid he should get his lazy ass up and go outside to check. If he's so concerned with it, why doesn't he go outside into the cold and see for himself.

Of course, I don't expect him to move much farther then his bedroom to the kitchen and so-on. So, I get up without socks or shoes and go out into the snowy earth to search for these pups. I find nothing. Twice I have done this and twice I have found nothing but purple toes.

So I come inside and tell my wondrous father figure that there's nothing. He nods and gives me a sarcastic "alright" while rolling his eyes. Lovely. Then I proceed to return to the computer, in hopes of finishing some work and get to hear him talking to the drunkard, who sleeps on our couch and claims to be my brother, in the living room that he has a "hunch Chewy's giving birth to her pups outside".

These words make my skin crawl and it takes every ounch I have to not scream at him.

Then my mother calls and he proceeds to tell her about his hunch. Explaining that she goes out nearly every forty minutes, panting and when she returns she's not panting and lays down to rest. Suspicious? Maybe. But I have checked that yard over with military precision and have found nothing. Not once. But twice. I stress the twice.

... Chewy better have these pups soon or I'm going in there my damn self and pulling them out by the handful.

2. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

Can't you lay down some newspaper and lock the dog up in the bathroom or something?

3. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

I could but then my parents would consider it to be "inhumane". ¬¬

Update:
    Oh my. He actually got out of bed and went outside to look. And now I feel sort of bad since he's out there by himself.

-goes to look with him-

4. Summertime_Blues

They don't let women in labor walk outside the freaking hospital they put them in a hospital room. Just put a sign on the door that says hospital and tell them that it is a sterile envoironment and they need to stay out and shut up.

5. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

Haha. And what about when someone needs to use the restroom? Or when Chewy has to go potty? I'm not spending my afternoons cleaning up after her --- even though when she finally has pups I'll end up cleaning most of the mess.

Update:
    And now he's complaining about spilled pop or something. ¬¬

6. Summertime_Blues

Ewww, I'm lucky my dog never had pups. She didn't like boy dogs, I think she was lesbian or something. Why don't you guys take to the vet, can't they induce labor?

7. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

I'm not sure. She's technically my parents dog and they make all the decisions. -eyeroll- They were going to maybe let her stay at the vet's until she gave birth but then they thought she might have a breakdown or something so they decided against it.