spamming? i dont spam?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by fionkah, Sep 25, 2008.

1. fionkah

fionkah Newbie

i got a warning saying that i shouldnt spam and i need to read the rules (which i read many times) but i dont post much, like i only come online every 3 or 2 days, and i dont even reply to everything on the boards... is this considered spam?

2. II_warlord_II

II_warlord_II Level III

no short answers to the post.
    like:
    "is it freezable?"
    "how to update my version?"
    "rapidshare is blocked here"
    "where can i download em?"

that's spamming...
    only post if you really have something to talk about that topic.
    and read the WHOLE post from other ppl...
    most of the time, if you ask the already asked and answered questions, that's count and spamming.

so, please try to do some research, like google, or this site search engine first, before asking?

3. fionkah

fionkah Newbie

k thanks

4. II_warlord_II

II_warlord_II Level III

just like that one ;)
    lol... just watch for it eh...
    make sure you have something to say...

Use repping feature instead of "thank you"

fionkah likes this.
  5. domini212

domini212 Level III

Yeah i received a -7 in total for the same offense by 2 ppl. I didn't even think i was spamming. it wasn't even as one word answer. It really discouraged me from coming here every day. so now i come like once a week. Its really really strict here

6. Freja

Freja Level IV

Mhm, people here are pretty strict. I got a warning too. But I guess they just wanna make some money (make us donate for cash) for their work :3 and it's pretty fair in my opinion. And I did donate xD

7. II_warlord_II

II_warlord_II Level III

MOST of the mod here, check your spamming by viewing "the active topics" (on the left top corner of the screen).
    IF you been replying posts continuously from post to post. like:
    "topic A" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic B" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic C" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic D" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic E" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic F" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic G" - Last post by: (you)
    "topic H" - Last post by: (you)

it doesn't matter if you talking in topic, that's consider spamming to get you points up.

8. Dark

Dark Level IV

no thats not the way they do it at all, they look at the reports WE submit its usely the lower lvls that catch the spamming and just report it to the mods. as long as its a good response to a topic that then ur fine but 3 words doesnt count as a good reply truthfully this thread alone should of been posted in the spam section of the boreds

there is an example of spamming ;)

9. II_warlord_II

II_warlord_II Level III

well...most of the time, ppl who do that is spamming anyway yes?
    esp. the newbie...

but yea, sorry for un true reply

10. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Dark is correct. I'm sure many of us have gotten warnings for spamming or gravedigging or the like. I got one myself back when I was a newb. Don't take it the wrong way, its just a warning. Nothing bad will happen to you unless you accumulate many many warnings. We just want to make sure that you guys know the rules so that this forum is full of spam.

As a general rule, you shouldn't post unless you have something to contribute to the topic. Use the rep system to thank someone. Asking questions is perfectly fine in threads as long as they're on topic.

11. II_warlord_II

II_warlord_II Level III

should there be some sort of system to reinforce that Zer0?
    esp, the REP system...
    posts like "thanks" shouldn't be posted.
    not only it allow the person who posted gain points.
    but, think about the person who made a guide?
    like, they should deserve "rep +" instead of just "thanks..."?
    it make the person who create a post feel discourage, unless they 100% this site fan...

12. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

well this post like majority of your posts should be in the spamming section. Guides go into guides, spam goes into spam etc.... hope you learn the rules and then you will enjoy the site more...if you have any questions ask me and ill help.

13. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

I check a user's posts by manually going through and reading ALL their posts, from the link in their profile. I don't give warnings that are undeserved. I don't even like giving warnings; if I think the user is making honest mistakes about judgement calls on spam/gravedigging etc. I will shoot them a pm instead of a warning. I'm sure there are plenty of users who can attest to that.

I'll feel the need to check out a user's posts if they're brought to my attention, like a spam or gravedug post on a board that I happen to read, or a report, or etc. And I read every single forum and try to go through most threads. but of course there are hundreds and I can't possibly read all of them.

As for the donating for points thing, no, that's not the purpose. In any case, I don't get paid for modding, and any $ you donate for points goes to expon to pay for forum hosting/upgrades/etc. The reason I warn you for spam isn't so that you'll donate, it's so that you'll STOP SPAMMING and making useful, contributing posts. Whoa, whodathunkit?

I joined this site about a year ago (A year and a month, to be more precise). I have 0 warnings for spam, gravedigging, or any infractions, I've never donated, I was voted Level 3 in a very short time, and mod very shortly after, and I have 1579 posts. I "purchased" AU when it cost 500 points. Stop complaining. There is no excuse for not being able to follow the rules.

tharoux likes this.
  14. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Damn, look at Phee laying down the law. Way to go!
    And thanks for the pms instead of warnings, I've gotten 1 or 2 of those :D !

15. Dark

Dark Level IV

well phee u gave me 2 spamm warnings :p and i agree with one of them but still regradless it only shows that just bc u get a warning doesnt mean u gota be freaked out.... i got voted into lvl 3 with 2 warnings... so there no bigy they are afterall JUST warnings ;)

16. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

2 warnings? I only found one.

In any case, your warnings get erased after...3 months, I think?

17. Dark

Dark Level IV

yes they just got removed last week but like i said warnings are bigy and i sill <3 phee