1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Out.

Discussion in 'Graphics and Art' started by Underground_Secrets, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Underground_Secrets

Im just starting out I would like some help in what I should learn to desgin? I have considered logos, & anything else that is digital. Is there any information you can pass on to me so I know where I should want to be standing? Id like something I can build into a future career later on, but Im going to need very simple types of learning as this is all very very new to me. Digital art of some kind is prefered.

2. babylove

babylove Newbie

try goggling up some tuts for the basic's =]

3. tinkertinx

tinkertinx Newbie

Sucess is based on how creative you are as a person, you can have all the knowledge in the world using applications such as Photoshop etc, but if you aren't very open minded and creative you wont get far.

I suggest learning something easy like pixel iso drawing, or dolling.
    Then moving on to learn how to make the same kind of things in photoshop while you learn photoshop
    THEN move onto tutorials on making other things in that program

4. Underground_Secrets

Im already very creative but I feel stuck alot because of skill. I have tried pixel it bores me. Dolling I tried too its even more boring. Id like to focus on study of digital art like graphics, logos or even the effects added to an artwork like they do in movie cartoons/animated movies etc. I really dont know where to start on those?

5. Winkey

Winkey Level I

Just use google for tutorials there's millions of them

6. stormy

stormy Newbie

Hey, I actually feel a lot the same way! I really like doing art on paper with charcoals and I'm pretty good at it (with all due modesty, of course ;D), but when it comes to the computer I just can not get it poppin'! I'd really like to transition to computer graphics because I've seen what people have done and it's incredible! But at the same time I just ahve not been able to pick it up no matter how many tutorials I browse. :/ Maybe i should try and take a class? I even have a tough time with tablets. I just can't control what I do the same way I do when I physically have a pencil in one hand an eraser in the other . . .

7. Underground_Secrets

Yes I have this problem. Its why I want to know what I should go 'into'. Should I do logos? Web Graphics for sites? Something very different from drawing on paper. Abstract possibly? What do ppl use abstract for anyways? :|

8. Sloth

Sloth Level I

Tutorials will really help you a lot. When I first wanted to do graphics, I didn't know how and I pretty much self taught myself with online tutorials.

9. Macdo0dles

Macdo0dles Level I

I think the best way is to self learn art. If you do some tutorials and other things, people will try to push their ideals onto you. This will greatly limit your creativity as an artist and negatively impact your future works, so just bring a pen or pencil and draw whatever you think is interesting

10. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

If you're creative already, do you have some past art (digital or not) to show :D

11. Macdo0dles

Macdo0dles Level I

That would be great and easier for us to critique his works and areas for improvements