Stock Market Player

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by nckheinrich, Nov 14, 2008.

1. nckheinrich

nckheinrich Level II

Ok this seem easy to make in my head but I don't know much program coding but would it be possible to make a program where you select a stock(s) to buy and then the program searches for when to sell. You'd set how much you'd have wanted the stock to increase and it just sells when it reachs that point?

2. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

hmm... seems easy enough. all you need really is a few getbetweens to get the stock info, and have 2 textboxes where you put the buy price and sell price :)
    I can probably make this in a less then few hours :D

3. Blulightning

Blulightning Level I

That would be awesome, as I am an avid stock marketer :)

4. nckheinrich

nckheinrich Level II

Yay I had a good idea. Lol. I orginally pictured this as a 24 hour program but then figured it really wasn't all that practical.

5. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

Since I only buy 1 stock per day (1000 shares) the buying option wouldn't help me very much...but something that kept track of my stocks and sold them once they reached a threshold value would be neat. This is a great idea and is extremely simple.

6. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

maybe since there's a limit, you could create a load account list, so you could buy stocks for MANY accounts at once? ^_^

7. Blulightning

Blulightning Level I

That would be awesome, but how about a program that tracks how certain stocks prices change, and then buys them if they are on a consistent rise?

8. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

I'm working on the program right now. simply, this is what i suggest you do with it. Put tons of nps (200k atleast) on a crappy side or newbie account, and let this program run 24/7. It'll reload the info about each sock ever hour, or less or more if you choose to have it do so. Then, it will buy if it can and theres stocks at the right price, and it'll sell if the stocks you own get high enough :)

If you want it to do so on multiple accounts, then just download it a few times and open each one with another account :)

9. nckheinrich

nckheinrich Level II

Sounds great. Glad I could throw the idea out there.But something about blue lightings idea sparked a new one. What if your stocks suck? Would it be possible for the program to sell them before they lose quickly. And idea on the freeze rate? I'm guessing low but the 24/7 thing might be a problem? I don't know about you but I don't refresh neopets every hour. But unless your making millions I don't see why any suspicion would be raised.

10. Dusk412

Dusk412 Level I

I would have it do the multi-account and it runs, buys 1000 of one stock for you, checks stock you own and sells all the stock that is above the amount you set. Then it stops. You run it every day on 5-10 side accounts and you could be making money. This way it doesn't refresh every hour, doesn't run 24/7, does multiple accounts, and you still make a profit with relatively little work because all you have to do is hit start :p.

11. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

Well, you could set the resfesh time to multiple hours... knowing th stock market, you'll need to leave it on for a few hours before you'll find a stock at 15 to buy,,, If you use it wisely, and set the refresh time high, theres VERY low freeze. As far as i know, the stock market is not watched much for cheaters, if at all... i'll do my best to make it low freeze :)

12. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

your computer would have to be on for as long as this program would run, that's one thing that isn't so good about the idea of a stock market APer.

13. neiiin

neiiin Level II

is there a program which can do that,
    or is any1 workin on it?

14. Niacin

Niacin Level II

This sounds like a great idea, but only thing is what if when there are multiple stocks set at 15 which one will it know to buy. Because speaking from history, with graphs and such from Neodaq ( which is where I get 99% of my stock info ) there are stocks that are generally good "peakers" and others that don't peak for months sometimes years. So to have it maybe built it with the knowledge of what stocks are better than others. Maybe like a simple list of Best stocks that it would then run down to see which are at 15 and buy the first one it runs across as it works it's way down the list. Also diversification is key so if a stock lingers around 15nps for a few days you don't want it to buy the same stock for 4 days in row when you could expand your port to others..

just a few thoughts of mine..

15. Brian

Brian Level I

you would just have the stocks weighted so the ones with a higher weight would be the ones it would buy first.

16. Niacin

Niacin Level II

:lol: Ok. I honestly know nothing about programming.. I've always wanted to learn, but just never really did. I can barely code this basic webpage I'm working on. It's trying out to be really obnoxiously annoying and difficult :/

17. Brian

Brian Level I

:) just stick to it and it will get easier :)

18. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Lol, I've had this idea in my head for quite a long time now.

But my idea was for more complicated, would make much more and would be lower freeze rate :D

And of course waaaaay harder to code XD

19. ricothegreat221

ricothegreat221 Level II

So... is anybody making this?