Super Smash Brothers Melee

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by 57gentlemens, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 57gentlemens

57gentlemens Newbie

Anyone else on Neofriends play?

I play competitively (with Jiggs, Falcon, Marth, and Fox) and go to a lot of tournaments in North Carolina, currently ranked #9 in the state (my tag is 'Foxy').

I was wondering if anyone here also played casually or competitively, it's such a brilliant 2-d fighter. :yup:

2. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Melee or Brawl? xD
    Wow. #9 in the state? Thats... Impressive. And a tiny bit sad lol ^^ I didn't realize people competed in that still. I always thought brawl was like the new version. Brawl > Melee?
    I agree though, it's a great 2d fighter!

3. Kalum

Kalum Level I

I used to play Brawl competitively but stopped after people started using Pit more than the rest of the characters my mains are good against=)

Stopped playing Melee afte Brawl came out.....Are you allowed to use the glitches in US tourneys?

4. 57gentlemens

57gentlemens Newbie

Yeah, tons of people still compete... you can win hundreds of dollars in tournaments. Larger ones are 50-100 people, there have been some recent 100+ people tournaments. It's pretty huge.

Brawl is pretty solidly considered to be a poor competitive game, as the developer even had the intent to make it uncompetitive. It still draws more players at the average Melee and Brawl tournament, but all of the best players prefer Melee. It's definitely not just a new version, it's a total downgrade in engine. Still fun to play well and with friends, but it's horrible in tournaments.

Glitches? Well, nothing used in Melee is a glitch - wavedashing was something the developers programmed but just didn't think would be used effectively. L-canceling, short-hopping, everything else isn't a glitch either. So it really isn't broken, it's just an amazing engine that allows for a huge skill cap. ;)

So, yes, everything is allowed.

5. totheRESQ

totheRESQ Level I

I still play melee. Tag is Tart. (As in..Tara T. Not a hussy.)

Not competitively (except against my room mates.)

I play with Sheik. I have a soft spot for girls who kick ass.

My fiance won a tourney at his college. He plays with Fox. Tag is "Cher". Haha.

6. Pandar

Pandar Level I

I play it once in a while, usually not with other people though, just when I'm sitting around and really bored. I used to play it all the time, but it got kind of boring after playing it for so long.