The Faeries' Ruin - Plot Walkthrough/Guide

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by Junior, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro

Hello, by now you should all be aware that Neopets.com is having another on-site plot/event. If not.. you do now! Here I will post updates and information to assist you all complete each step of the plot successfully. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and ask, or alternatively click the link for the discussion board which is down the bottom.

The "Jist" Of Things (aka description of event)

Neopia's faerie population turned to stone?!? Who or what is behind such a contemptible deed? A young thief named Hanso claims he holds the key to uncovering the mystery. Can a group of heroes forgive his past misdeeds, accept his help, and work together to save Neopia's faeries?

Plot Links:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The Comic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Rules:

Please do not use this board for discussing the plot. The idea of this is to keep it all nicely organized and easy to follow. All discussions here will be deleted. If you wish to discuss this plot, please go here:

general-chit-chat-f6/the-faeries-ruin-new-plot-t35196-30.html

[​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Okay a new comic is out! Go read through number 2!

Okay so now you're in the Library! (as long as you clicked the continue cloud!)

The Goal:

Your goal for this is to collect all the items on the map that are glowing green. Those items look like this:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bonus Items:

There are also a few bonus items laying around.
    These items ARE NOT REQUIRED however if you obtain them and successfully make it out the library you will get to keep them in your inventory :) These items are:

[​IMG] Inside a Haunted Tomb
    [​IMG]Dark Faerie Secrets
    [​IMG]Haunted Mynci

Moving:

Okay so you move around the library by clicking any square adjacent to your current location. Xandra, the witch, will be moving around the map also. If she gets within 3 squares of you, she can zap you with her green magic powers and you will lose what you've earned, and have to restart. It's frustrating at times.. Took me a few goes.

I suggest only going for the artifacts the first time. until you get it. you can play it as many times as you want to get the bonus items. Focus on the task at hand ;)

Achievements:

There are also 3 "Fearless Deeds" achievements that you can unlock on this Step.

All these will show up on the main page:
    http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/

Completion of Step 1:

Congratulations, you've completed the stupid "maze" library! You will see an image of Hanso running from the Library with all the artifacts in his hands. It is unknown whether replaying it to get the bonus items will have any affect on the final plot score. I was just happy to complete it with all the achievements :p

[​IMG]

Rundownandy likes this.
  3. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

A new Chapter is out! Chapter 3! Click the image (link) above, or in the firs post.

No new "steps" at this stage.

[​IMG]

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

So the new Chapter is out. Although its not very "new" now... And new steps came along with it. And because I'm soo late, and so lazy. I've cheated this time. All credits for this have to go to jellyneo. I copied and pasted pretty much word for word.

The Goal:

Get our heroes out of Castle Nox!! For some reason, the heroes are represented by pegs though... You have to get through the colored doors and work your way to the Golden Gates ;) Sounds easy enough huh?

Inside The Rooms - the things to know

All images below taken directly from jellyneo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fearless Deeds

There are another 3 Fearless deeds to unlock on this step. Below information again credits to jellyneo.net.

[​IMG]

Bonus Items:

There are two bonus items for this section.

[​IMG]
    Giant Tub of Icecream - Reward for completing the "We All Scream" Fearless Deed.

[​IMG]
    Hubrid Nox Treasure Chest - Reward for completing the "Fort Nox" Dearless Deed.

Completion of Step 2:

Congratulations, you've completed Step 2 of this plot!

"See, princess? I told you I'd make short work of that contraption. Sure, it was complicated, but no match for the wits of a master thief like myself."

You'll see that along with a large picture of Hanso and the "Princess'" whose name I forget...
    [​IMG]

5. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Comic #5 is out! No new steps as of yet though.

[​IMG]

BlazinDivah likes this.
  6. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Chapter 6 is out.. whooo! New steps also included.

The Goal:

The goal here is simple. KICK SOME ASS! Battle and kill as many opponents in the battledome as you can. So what are you still doing here? Head over to the battledome and start winning:

http://www.neopets.com/battledome/battl ... =challenge

The Enemies

So far there is only one enemy available to battle. And they are coming in waves. If you go to the link above and it says none are left then, then keep refreshing. Seems more are released every few minutes after the last lot are defeated. So far, they're fairly easy to beat :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note: This was made by me, but layout/design/idea/information taken from jellyneo

New Enemies will be released, and I will update this as required.

Achievements:

Just like all the other steps, there are 3 Fearless Deeds for you to complete during this step.

[​IMG]

Tier Prizes:

There are certain levels of defeated enemies that as a group (everyone involved) needs to reach. If this amount is reached, everyone who won or tied at least one fight during that "tier" will receive a bonus prize. To see if you qualified for a bonus prize, go here:

http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/battle.phtml

Assuming it follows the same sort of pattern, every 750,000 kills we'll get a new prize.

Prizes So Far:

[​IMG]

Bonus Prizes:

As well as tier prizes, once you've reached the cap for each enemy (50, 40, 30 in that order), each battle after that you have a chance to win a bonus prize. Below is a list of bonus items you have a chance to win:

[​IMG]

Completion of Step 3:

Well that's all that is known that needs to be completed. This will be updated as new challengers are released but for now, this is it.

[​IMG]

7. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Chapter 7 is out.. "yay"... Not.

Okay so first off you need to go to Brightvale. Now you SHOULD be able to see a line of text that read
    "You notice a strange door on one side of the castle... how odd." . This should be clickable. I cannot post the link because apparently it is different for everyone. If you don't see it at first, refresh. It will appear!

You will now be taken to the Archives, and be greeted by a very friendly and nice yurble (cough cough). If you're anything like me you won't like what he has to say.. sounds bad.. sounds somewhat like a puzzle. Oh look, it is. Damn.

The Goal:

Clean up the archives and put the books back into order so that Brynn can find the book she needs easier.

Click the stairwell and of you go!

Okay so you have now been taken to a shelf, with a crapton of books. You will see the shelves are labelled. Your job first is to get all the books from that category on that shelf. This is a list of categories and icons that represent those categories. This was borrowed from jellyneo and edited by me.

[​IMG]

There are three different ways to move your books around:

Whatever books you don't need on YOUR shelf, send to the other rooms.

Now with the books that you have in your categories, you need to place them in order on that shelf.
    To help you along, here is a list of orders.

[​IMG]

Press the gold bell when you think you have them all in order!

Acheivements:

Just like all the others, more fearless deeds for you to complete!

[​IMG]

Bonus Items

There are also some bonus items you get randomly when moving books. Here are some of the items so far that we know about:

[​IMG]

Thats it is for now!! Fairly easy again once you understand it... Just time consuming (sort of).

[​IMG]

8. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Chapter 8 is out! although, you probably already knew that. It's been out for a few days... If you've actually read it, seems like a bit of a love story is brewing eh? ;) But TNT doesn't allow that sort of role-playing so.. shh :p Don't tell them.

The Goal:
    Hehe.. this is simple. kick some ass, AGAIN! that's right, back to the battledome we go!!

http://www.neopets.com/battledome/battl ... =challenge

The Enemies

There are six new enemies for us to defeat!! Same as before, they're released in waves, and only once all enemies for that wave are defeated will they release more. Is a bit of a pain considering there are 6 this time!
    NOTE: Not all 6 are released at once. Makes some of the fearless deeds harder :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Achievements:

Three more fearless deeds.. This time, a tad harder. Sill very easy though... Just all about timing.

[​IMG]

Tier Prizes:

There are certain levels of defeated enemies that as a group (everyone involved) needs to reach. If this amount is reached, everyone who won or tied at least one fight during that "tier" will receive a bonus prize. To see if you qualified for a bonus prize, go here:

http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/battle.phtml

So every 750,000 kills we all get a prize, as long as you defeated at least one enemy during that tier.

NOTE: These have continued on from the last lot!

Prizes So Far:

[​IMG]

Bonus Prizes:

Bonus Prizes are back! Same deal, once you've reached the win cap for each opponent you can start getting these random prizes when you win a battle.

Note: these were taken from jellyneo.net. I just edit the colours to match my colour scheme!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Completion of Step 5:

Yaaay.. You're done! Well, probably not... Lot's of battling can be done. See how many wins you can get with your pet.. Don't stop at the cap.. Make it easier for everyone and continue battling!!

[​IMG]