The new Black Eyed Peas?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Elhoof, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

This may be late cause New Zealand is slow on the music scene. But anyone know what they are smoking? they have been thumping out some massive beats, I haven't really liked them since their "Where is the love?" days but I must say they have been doing some crazy stuff

first its boom boom pow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F444CELomo

(seems to be there usual style does quite well, it seems ok I don't like it much except for when fergie croons out Will.i.am that part rocks my socks :yup: )

then its I got a feeling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_2rrxONlLo

(Seems different from their usual style very strong commercial appeal almost jingle like, results show this is popular as hell. Some big business will throw piles of cash at them to have the song in their ad at some point,I've heard it spent week after week at the top of the American charts)

Now its meet me halfway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRNQS5UCQQI

(Seems extremely different in style, my favorite of the three, Fergie actually sings if you know what I mean, usually shes making it funky I really like this change)

I know Will.i.am was gonna be trying something different with this album but holy #$%@! (but does anyone else feel apl.de.ap and taboo are kinda obsolete these days? It's like the will and fergie show) How does everyone else like their new direction?

2. Fury

Fury Level I

Will and Fergie are the lead singers but Taboo and apl does the music. So Taboo and apl aren't that noticeable.

3. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Slowpoke!

But indeed, I like the new album. Another song that I like from the album : Party all the time.

On the other hand, there are some songs on the album that I totally don't like and that I deleted from windows media player.. But yeah, that's what you get when experimenting, success and failures I guess :)

4. Blant

Blant Level I

tonights gonna be a good night is some of the most repetitive crap i've ever heard haha :)

5. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Aside from the singles, I really dislike it :s I was surprised because I thought the singles are great, but I don't like the rest of the album. I'm listening to Party All the Time right now, it'd be great..if they cut out the first minute and a half.

6. inove

inove Newbie

i think that Black Eyed Peas are great. They know how to come out with songs that are just too catchy to the mass. Although sometimes the songs can be repetitive, with radios overplaying it.

7. Blant

Blant Level I

radio is what killed system of a down - chop suey for me.

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't like "Meet Me Halfway", the new one, but I like the new electro-style Black-Eyed Peas.

Actually, both of their first singles hit the top of the charts...and "I Gotta Feeling" was #1 last week. Idk bout this week though XD

9. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

I got to go with Phee on Party All the Time the first minute and a half are pretty bleh it improves from there though now I think about it I still find "Where is the love" miles better than anything new they have come out with, in that one no particular person stood out which I think it was way cooler than the will.i.am and fergie show. How they went from such a powerful piece of work to "My Humps" I'll never know, I have such a love hate relationship with B.E.P. :)

10. Istay lowkey

Istay lowkey Level I

I personally dont enjoy the black eye peas nowadays seems to electronical, kinda seems as if they're trying to hard.

I think fergie needs to go solo again =)

11. BlazinDivah

BlazinDivah Level III

we havnt gotton meet me halfway where i am yet...
    but it i have to listen to boom boom pow one more time im gonna pop my ear drums XD
    GAWDD!!!!

... fergies got an amazing voice recorded but i dont think she can sing very well live. IMO, anyways.
    BEP have changed so much from when they first hit the streets years ago.

12. Haylee

Haylee Newbie

I like Fergie a lot better solo, though I don't really listen to black eyed peas nor her CD because it's repeated constantly on my radio stations and I hate it. Ever hated a song from hearing it too much>? Ugh. If I hear "I Gotta Feeling" one more time..