The Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Milanos, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

You played it ?!

Here in Holland it isn't out yet, and I can't download anything :( I'm no good at that.

2. cix

cix Level I

looks pretty cool, but it was hyped like crazy... i loved the n64 one lol, its the ultimate stoner game

3. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

I find the Gamecube version better. I'm still playing it after 7 years.

4. cix

cix Level I

never tried it... i prolly should. but i get bored if im not under the influence :p

5. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

I still enjoy the original more though. Yep, after 9 years ^^
    Can't beat the classics :arf:

6. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Well, you can play Brawl online ;) Great if no friends dare to battle you because you always win :p

7. cix

cix Level I

brawl hasnt been working online properly, so ha, take that lol

8. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

The games multi player has always been great. Now you can go online with it too on the Wii, but haven't bothered since the Solo play is so much fun. Unlocking all the chars. Doing all the events, getting all the trophies will keep me playing this game for a long time. Love it

~Dirt

9. caffler

caffler Level I

I got the game yesterday, and I am pretty happy with it. I also just got a Wii yesterday, so I am still pretty lousy with the controls.

But from what I can see, I am happy. xD

10. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

You can play with the Gamecube controller too, right ? That's what I want to do.

11. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

I envy you Americans. We in Europe still need to wait like 2/3 months to get it (though we get Mario Kart Wii first >=D)

I know most of you don't notice, but what impressed me the most in this game was the soundtrack. Exactly 304 songs, more than half original and re-edited, I've got a compilation of the whole soundtrack and it's a true masterpiece.

Though as much as I like the simple two-button fighting style, it hasn't changed much since the original, and will probably not because it works so well. The game scores high because it's so huge and technically so advanced. It's also the best looking game on the Wii so far (oh the Subspace Emissary cutscenes!).

It looks great, though it's been overhyped. People have been expecting it for so much time due to delays that it was starting to gain unreal expectations among the fans. In the end, the game is the most awesome thing there is out there, but people were already expecting there, so the 'wow' factor wasn't so wide.

I think we should have a Brawl tournament here when a bunch of people get the game. Now that'd be real fun.

12. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Remember that we already suggested that before it came out ? :p

13. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

I can't wait for my friend to get it. Then I'm going to basically live at his house :D
    I can play the n64 version on the computer though B)
    Which is really fun =]

14. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

If a friend of me gets it, I'm going to organise a sleepover :p

15. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Level I

wii's everywhere here have been sold out for an eternity, so i'm waiting for the restock so i can get a wii and brawl for my birthday. been a smash fan since the 64 version, even if throws got nerfed on the `cube!

definitely can't wait to try it out though. =) my friends have been marathoning the game like mad. i'm insanely jealous.

16. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Take me with you. Then they can all see you being pwned by me.

Oh and I definitely don't understand why people love so much Smash. Bros for the N64. I have it and played it, but it's far from being a classic, it kinda looks broken. I guess, that is.
    I think the series are following a pretty positive course: every game that came out was better that its predecessor.

17. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

There have been only 2 :D

But I like Melee more than the N64 one, too. But it was the best game for the N64.

18. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

Though it's a lot of content and they've been doing a great work joining such different characters from the most different gameplay environments to make it. While you might have tenths of games exclusively from the Mario franchise out there, the essence formula remains the same, and the gameplay doesn't change dramatically. Now, including R.O.B. and Lucas on the same game is quite the challenge, if you know what I mean.

19. Naff

Naff Level II

So I just got it, and I must say I really do like it, but I have a question.

Theres that Wii Online thing, and I can go online and play against other people from around the world. Well my Dad also really likes the game, and we wanted to BOTH play online but we cant seem to get it work. Does anyone know if this is even possible??

20. goncalo

goncalo Level IV

There is a Team Multi-Man Brawl in the online. Though, from what I've heard (I haven't got the game), you can only choose your partner by playing against other people WITH friend codes. If you decide to team online against random people, your partner will also be random. Correct me if I'm wrong.