The Ultimate Guide to Guides on NF :)

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Freya, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Freya

Freya Level III

Note: This guide is still majorly under construction

Well so I'm bored, and so I thought I might do something productive and since there is no guide list in here that I know of I thought I'd make one.
    I know that this is a whole lot of work and so I won't be doing it all at once but rather in small pieces :D

Anyways welcome to the ultimate guide to guides on NF... I'll be constantly adding guides to this list, the be sorted by category, and withing this category by my objective rating :)D), if you don't like a rating or if I rated something with ?/10 please post your rating (maybe with a reason) since I hate those alphabetical orders which just are no use in my opinion...Also notify me if you updated your guide...

Guides to Neofriends.net:

Starting Out on Neofriends: NEWBIES' GUIDE! (10/10) If you read this guide your good :) Last update: Thu Feb 19, 2009
    Blackmarket account price guide (8/10) Last update: Tue Apr 17, 2007 (A bit outdated, but still pretty good)
    How to rack up posts and cash resposibly (7/10) Lst update: Tue Sep 30, 2008

Not really guides but also important:
    The rules
    Blackmarket Rules

Legit guides to games:

Know what the wheel of monotony will give you and how long it will take (10/10) Last Updated: Timeless :D
    Altador Cup IV (9/10) Last Update: Mon Jun 01, 2009
    Invasion of meridell in depth (9/10) Last updated: Jun 13, 2009
    Shootout Showdown (8/10) Last Update: Tue Jun 02, 2009
    Key Quest neogarden miniguide (8/10) Last Update: Sat May 23, 2009
    Volcano Run II (4/10) Last Update: Mon Jun 01, 2009
    The buzzer game avatar quick (?/10) legit? Last Updated:Nov 01, 2006
    Chia bobmer II guide 56k warning (?/10) Last Updated: Dec 11, 2006
    http://www.neofriends.net/neopets-games-f79/snot-splatter-t25968.html (?/10) Last Updated: Fri May 22, 2009

Semi-Legit guides to games:

Illegit guides to games:

Zurroball illegit (9/10) Last updated: Jun 15, 2009
    List guide ranks for altador cup iv (6/10) Last updated: Jun 08, 2009
    Guide neoquest 2 (?/10) doesn't look complete Last Update: Apr 14, 2009
    Game score review list (?/10) Last Updated: 1 August 2008
    roodoku illegit (?/10) Last Updated: Jun 01, 2009
    Auto play black pawkeet slots (?/10) didn't work for me I think Last Updated: May 31, 2009
    Quick snow wars trophy (?/10)

2. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Of course, there are a lot of guides to games xD I think you might as well do that as a spoiler, or just a link to the games forum or so.

And blackmarket rules aren't necessary I think, most of the times when people reach level 1 they'll just check it themselves :) And I think this guide is meant for new people, right?

Anyway, great idea :) I think if it's good we should automatically send it to every new person on NF.. Should help them getting started out :)

3. Freya

Freya Level III

Well it's not only for the new members... It's something useful so you can keep track, I'll try to include every guide on NF... and there are a lot of guides on here... I'm just now starting with the guides that I can find the easiest way (and finding game guides is easy) befor I make the other categories... If someone already knows to what game he want a guide for he can just Strg + F so it doesn't make sense to list the guides by game but rather by rating... (I hate it to go through guide listings and half of the guides are crap)

I'm not really sure about the other categories yet also...

Could make categories like

Autobuying
    Auction Sniping
    but then again there is Restocking, so where to put autobuying guides then? :(
    Well First I'll make this huuuuge list of gaming guides and then I'll think about it

4. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

You could put autobuying under restocking? :D But then the illegit form of restocking? :p

But okay, if it's for older members too then yeah, you can add the blackmarket rules I think, would make sense ;) Anyway, good luck on the games then first xD

5. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

6. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Well Zer0, I have to agree with Freya on this one, not all guides in there are that useful. So it'd be easier to just have them rated like this then to go through the entire list to find what you're looking for.

7. Freya

Freya Level III

Seriously Zer0 who do you think will go through this list?...
    And if you actually want to write a guide yourself it would be way better if you had something which is not 10 pages (not sure about how many pages it actually has) long where you can look at...

It's just not all that handy... If I come into a forum I ususally want to read the best guides.. scrolling through this list you'll open up a whole lot of guide you don't want, in this list you will...

And about the search.. yeah there is a search but do I always no what I'm looking for? I might just want to read a guide with which I'll make game avatars.. try an enter game avatar... I don't know what will happen but I don't believe you'll find what you want amazingly fast