TorchLight for the D2 lover that can't wait for D3 anymore!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Parisdirt1, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

I bought this hidden gem from my local gamestop, also available for direct download from http://www.torchlightgame.com/ Or I'm sure you could probably pirate it by now, but it is a game I'm glad I own. Anyway...

This game is was made by developers that use to be on the Blizzard staff for D2. So as you can guess, it is pretty much like a Diablo 2 clone. So you have all the goodies, hack and slash, dropped loot, transmuting, gems, Magic/Unique/Rare/Set items. Only has a single player at the moment, but the developers will eventually put in a multi-player sever. They have 3 fun classes Destroyer, Vanquisher, and Alchemist.

Now on the the best part, the game comes with an Editor! So you can mod it how ever you see fit. And there are plenty of mods already out for gamers that can't do it themselves. You want to make your own set, Go Ahead! Need to tweak the mechanics of something in game whether it be a skill, item, mobs, or NPS. Why not go ahead! I have already I have a mod that lets me leech HP/Mana off of special skills and not only on normal attacks :)

I drained 10hours into this game the first day and an still playing leveling up and soon will be making a new character that I can give loot to through the shared loot Stash :)

So anyone that loves Diablo 2 and need something to hold you over till Diablo 3, or maybe even skip D3... Just kidding ;) You need to try out this game you won't be disappointed.

~parisdirt

2. josh

josh Level I

This is by the makers of Fate, I flippin love this game! I have in on PC and it takes too much of my time lol