1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a proxy setting w/ AU 4.4

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by hopefullyitworks, Aug 10, 2009.

1. hopefullyitworks

hopefullyitworks Level II

What is a proxy? What does this option entail? Is it recommended? So many questions...anyone out there with answers? :funky:

2. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

1)This should cover your first question click me!

2)This allows your abing account to remain unlinked to you main by keeping them on seperate IP addresses which neo uses to freeze all of your accounts in a chain ice (usefulness is your main is on a seperate ip)

3) It truly isn't recommended unless you have a super fast private proxy that you pay for, otherwise most high anonymous public proxies are slower than molassass and won't be fast enough to compete with other ab'ers.

Hope this helped :) the first guide i linked you to should cover just about all you need to know about proxies and if you have any more questions i'd be happy to try my best to answer :)

3. hopefullyitworks

Okay so for example if I have never logged onto my main from the computer I autobuy on then it would be useless to use the proxy option?

4. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

well that would only work if the computer your logging on with is on a different connection. For example i have 5 different computers in my house all on the same internet connection, that means all 5 of my computers have the same ip address, now my room is the closest to my next door neighbors house and they have an unsecured wireless network so i use theirs. using their connection would allow me to have a second IP but just using a different computer on the same network as mine would not net me a different IP lol sorry if you didn't understand that i'm kinda bad at examples xD

5. hopefullyitworks

No I understood perfectly, so IP addresses are not unique to computers but to internet connections...so just because I only log onto my main from a different computer and my abing account from my laptop, therefore, doesn't protect my main, I would have to use the proxy setting to protect my main account from being iced...am I understanding correctly? I really appreciate your help btw. :)

6. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

yes your understanding perfectly :) unless you have a second internet connection then you would have to use the proxy setting to keep your accounts seperate :)

No problem :) i'm always happy to help

7. hopefullyitworks

I have two different router boxes, does that mean two different ips? Or is it still one since they are from the same company? And if I use the proxy setting on the aber, then TNT will not be able to tell that I am abing on the same IP I use my main on?

8. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

i'm pretty sure two different router boxes will give you two different ip's although i'm not certain, lol we're getting into some pretty grey territory with the fine print of different routers and internet connections xD. What you could do is connect to one connection via you desktop and one via your laptop and check your IP on a website such as this one and if they're the same then they're on the same connection and if not then they do give you different IP's and yes if the account your abing on has never touched the IP you main is on and you use a proxy then you should be able to keep your main safe... although i have a hunch that they can track you down via cookies too but i'm not sure on that, although that's easily solved xD

9. hopefullyitworks

And how do you stop them from tracking your cookies? Sorry for asking so many questions, I am just not computer savvy lol.

10. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

lol nah questions are good it means your trying to learn :)

and just simply clear your cookies before you go onto different accounts, although this is only a possible problem if your using proxies on the same computer, cookies actually are coputer specific so say if you use a proxy on your laptop and your regular internet connection and make sure you never forget the proxy on your laptop then there are no fears with your cookies being tracked by neo :)

to clear your cookies in firefox go tools -> options -> privacy -> and click the option that says "clear recent history" this will remove your cookies and neo won't be able to track them :)

in ie i believe it goes something like tools -> internet options -> and under broswing history hit delete and you can choose to delete your cookies :)