Vampire Dairies !

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by singapore, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singapore

singapore Level III

Heh. Who watches this ?!?!
    reallyyyyy great IMO.

Although it is still pretty much the same with killing a Vamp with a wooden stake thru the heart, vamps can't go out in the sun (in this show: unless they have a special ring)..

the show have some fresh points to add with things like
    -in order to turn a human into a vamp, the vamp have to bite a human and not kill him/her then let the human drink the vamp's blood and finally let the human feed on human blood.
    -wooden bullets will weaken vamps
    -and the point that stands out the most, vervain, a type of flowers which can weaken a vamp when the vamp ingest it.

Really pretty/hot/cute leading actress in Nina Dobrev XD ..

2. NightWolf

NightWolf Level II

One of my new favorite shows : )

When my friend first told me about this show, I thought, "Oh great, another vamp show. Whoopee." But one night there was nothing else on tv to watch so I tuned into the first episode, and after a few I found myself hooked.

When they took a winter hiatus I decided to go and read the books since I heard they are quite different from the show - and boy, ain't that the truth. There are definitely quite a few differences that take both in different angles, and after watching the show a bit more I found to like it a bit more than the books... so far.

Typical expected things in there of course, but definitely some new ideas I wouldn't have thought of (though admittedly I'm not that all creative).

At least there is finally something good on tv thursday nights.

3. bunny

bunny Newbie

This is totally my guilty pleasure. So horrible, but I can't stop watching. I think a few of my friends watch it too, but no one will admit it lol. I picked up the first book and am gonna start reading that soon though.

4. singapore

singapore Level III

ahh. i do wanna read the book too but i ain't that much of a book person and i don't really see the thing in spending on books especially story books ;) . luckily u said that the show is better :D ..
    well..they do still have supernatural on thurs no? but i have to admit supernatural is kinda deteriorating in some ways.

lol. admit it and u ppl can start talking about the show together ! lol.
    comment on the book here if it is possible.

5. Pegaley

Pegaley Level I

It;s my guilty pleasure, probably shouldn't like it as much as i do but i'm obsessed!

6. coconutmoon

coconutmoon Level III

I grew up with Buffy and haven't really been able to appreciate any other vampire related shows. It's kinda sad, I admit, but everything just seems like a knockoff from Buffy.

The good old days, before vampires were sparkly...

7. Badge

Badge Level II

I'm unconditionally obsessed with this show :)

8. hopefullyitworks

hopefullyitworks Level II

It's all about Damon's hotness.

9. Obi

Obi Level I

They started showing it here, but now I have no idea what channel its on, since they changed it, Ive heard great things about it and Damon is hawt! :eek:

10. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

People are telling me that True Blood is better. I wonder who to believe...

11. Obi

Obi Level I

I watch True Blood, and I think its good. : )

12. singapore

singapore Level III

well. true blood is onto it's 3rd season and maybe thats why ppl are saying that its good ?

VD is only in it's 1st season and are receiving some pretty good reviews :)

okok, i am baised, i have not watch true blood yet and technically speaking, TB is onto its 31st episode and VD is onto its 20+ episode so there ain't much difference in terms of room for development of storyline.

anyone who watches both here?

13. sillyjilly

sillyjilly Level I

I have to admit I watch this show (*wince)
    It's so corny, but I can't stop!

Does anyone else think that Elena is annoying? There's just something about her acting that's seems fake to me...
    And I can't believe they killed Anna off :(

14. Nathan

Nathan Level I

Its not a bad show. If its on tv i Will watch it, but it isn't a show that i will go out of my way each week to see. Missed the season finale which was a bit of a bummer.

15. number460

number460 Level I

Brand New Season finally started :D

16. Saya_Chibi

Saya_Chibi Level I

Vampire Dairies are really good :) the story is interesting and it pulls you right in... well it pulled me in since i love everything connected to vampires.. well almost everything... (sorry must disapoint you, i do not like twilight XD )

the last episode of the 1st season was soo good i couldn't wait for september.. And now that katherine is back, the show will be awsome.. and yes damon/ian is HOT :arf:

17. number460

number460 Level I

Season 2 Episode 4 On Thursday

Memory Lane
    Katherine and Elena will meet finally. Stefan takes drastic measures to find out the real reason Katherine has returned to Mystic Falls, and is shocked when she reveals new secrets about what really happened in 1864. Damon tries a new tactic to resolve his issues with Mason, but it proves costly. Tyler pushes Mason to tell him the truth about the Lockwoods. Finally, when Katherine delivers an ultimatum, Stefan and Elena are left with very few options.

18. Lully

Lully Level I

That's precisely my opinion...
    Although I have seen some episodes and it's not that bad, but not something worth following either... True Blood is better IMO.

19. klover33

klover33 Newbie

The first few episodes were really interesting but after that it just went downhill in my opinion. I feel like its really repetitive with the plot :S Furthermore doesn't ANYONE EVER change their hairstyles? :p I mean Nina Dobrev has had the same straight hair since episode one -_- I liked the books better-I might watch season two probably because Ian Somerhalder's in it :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.