1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WDYD if you think someone is trying to login to your account

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by crashtestdummies, May 15, 2013.

1. crashtestdummies

I seem to be having that problem. I turned down someone who wanted to buy my accounts. Of course, that was after they'd made a bunch of conversation with me under the guise of wanting to play together. So they found out my account names and some of the stuff I have on there. Now even though I'm on a lot I keep finding the birthday lock on, which usually is a sign of repeated password failure. I confronted them and they threw a shit fit about it. You wouldn't believe the melodrama. Demanded an apology, called me rude among so many other things. But I have never ever had this occur before this person found out my account names so I have every reason to suspect them. Made my passwords stronger, but this has me on edge. What do?

2. luisjor

luisjor Level I

Re: WDYD if you think someone is trying to login to your acc

I think you can change your password every random time, change your mail aaaand maybe send a ticket to TNT? Of course if your account isn't as "hacked" as others.

3. Lizard

Lizard Level II

I'd contact TNT if it keeps occurring - If you have screenshots of them offering to buy your account it'll help.

Also, you might want to consider adding a PIN code to your account - just in case they do get on and try to move some of your stuff to their own accounts. Strong passwords are always a plus!

If you are really really paranoid about them taking things, you can consider moving your pets, neopoints, items etc. to an account they do not know yet.

4. jacobg70

jacobg70 Newbie

Make sure you have proof, my account got hacked once and i got banned

5. larryisamazing

larryisamazing Level II

From what you've said, they haven't been successful at all, so other than the BD thing, who cares? As long as your password is strong, you're fine. I'm sure they will give up soon enough.

6. Detox

Detox Level III

It s not a matter of changing paswords, as I think your main probem here is that whenever they try to log in to your account it gets blocked (i do not remember how much time).

You should contact TNT and explain your problem.

For an increase security you may want to add a pin to your account :)

7. Aemira

Aemira Level III

Well I would recommend putting a pin on everything in your account (stocks, shop, gallery, sdb, bank, trading, etc.)

8. blingblangblaow

Definitely clear cache + cookies, change password and even Neopets e-mail o nthe acount to be completely safe.

9. Nicky8

Nicky8 Newbie

I would also contact TNT and change my password

10. crashtestdummies

I did 'report abuse' to TNT and described the entire situation in detail. Dunno if they actually /did/ anything, but I haven't had any access attempts for a couple of days.

11. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Just flipped through the account settings- there's also an additional security thing that makes it prompt for your birthday anytime you log in. You can flip that on as well for extra security (my account -> control panel-> Site preferences -> check the box :) )

12. MysteryL

MysteryL Level I

Get mad! Get mad!

13. crashtestdummies

Oop, spoke too soon. Birthday locked again. How long does it take for that to come on on its own, like 90 days? I'm pretty sure somebody's trying to get in there..

14. Icarus

Icarus Level II

wdyd?

15. aspire

aspire Newbie

what do you do :lol:

16. crashtestdummies

Well I posted a ticket and this is the response I got: "I apologize for any inconvenience but we cannot prevent someone from attempting to log into your account. If your password is strong they will not be able to access the account. To be further secured, you may wish to attach a PIN to the account to ensure they cannot access sensitive parts of your account."

Attempts are getting more frequent. Any other suggestions?

17. Lizard

Lizard Level II

Pin everything, and flick on the setting that it automatically (always) prompts for your birthday upon login tries.

You can also transfer any items, neopoints etc to a different account for safekeeping - You can try the same for pets but then perhaps they will be able to track it through simply searching for the pet name.

18. crashtestdummies

Pfft, TNT is not helpful. I tried asking them to check the IP accesses and see if they match the account of the person I'm 100% sure it is and all I got was 'Unfortunately, I cannot do that.' So I GUESS there is no penalty whatsoever for the act of attempting to break/enter/steal someone's shit? Pshpshpsh. If I went to your house every night and jiggled the handle trying to open the door, I'm sure you wouldn't just let me keep coming back and doing it until I broke in before you called the police. Deeeeerp. [...]