Weezer

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ice Nine, May 18, 2010.

1. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

What has happened to them? Seriously, they have steadily been releasing poorer and poorer work over the years (in general, although I think Maladroit is top 3 with blue and pink) but it has all been somewhat tolerable and acceptable.

Until Raditude.

Possibly the only thing worse than this album is the cover art, or maybe the name. You know it's bad when I didn't hear about the album release and when I saw it mentioned on a TV show (Tosh.0) I actually thought it was a made-up album name and cover, making fun of their recent trend towards making songs about how hip and with it they still are.

While the first two tracks are catchy and not terribly gag-tastic, calling the rest of the album "a giant over-produced pile of crap" would be an understatement.

What happened to the rock, the grit, the angst, the wit, and the power of pink/blue/mally? Where has it all gone? What is this upbeat, happy-go-lucky, pop, mainstream sound that Weezer has decided to pursue since Make Believe?

Granted, I don't know what kind of audience I'm ranting to at the moment, I don't even know if any NF users listen to Weezer, but in the hopes that someone out there does: Discuss.

2. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

I have to agree with you that their newer stuff isn't as good as the old but for some odd reason i find myself liking the song they did with lil wayne.
    Lucky for me, when i saw them in concert last summer they played a ton of their older stuff mixed in with the new. Definitely one of the best concerts I've seen in a while. They have such high energy when they perform, its amazing.

3. singapore

singapore Level III

a curious question 1st if i may..how much does it cost u guys to catch a concert like theirs? or maybe bands like Sum 41, Green Day etc.

lol i still feel that the best song from them is Beverly Hills..there is another one that i like from them but i can't remember it at this moment..

4. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

Weezer is going to be in Halifax NS this July - I am going :)

they are performing wit B.E.P....which really seems like something of a miss-match but hey, I'll be drinking so what do I care!!!

5. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

I'ma be seeing these live, and I pray to god they play the older stuff :( Hate the new crap

6. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

I saw them last summer with blink 182 and the tickets were around $80 usd each. The tickets were only like 2 sections back. could still see everything really well.