What age do you think is too old to trick or treat?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cacklenub, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I was just wondering what you guys think is too old to go Trick-O-Treating?

I think as long as they dress up, it's fine, but then again I think about an elder or something trick or treating and that just seems...wrong.

So I think High School or younger should be the max age, as long as they dress up. You guys??

2. xaznflyboyx

xaznflyboyx Level I

I personally think that your 8th grade year should be your last :D
    It's a bit odd when high schoolers show up at your doors trick or treating...

3. muro

muro Level II

If you trick or treat people you're familiar with then age shouldn't be an issue. My dad used to join us when harassing our neighbours and the neighbours did the same to us :D
    But having an unknown fifty-something guy on the door asking for candy... o.o

4. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

Yeah I think high school or younger, but I think the only thing stopping college kids from doing it is the halloween parties.
    Although this year I was giving out candy at my house and my 50+ year old neighbor came by with his daughter.
    His costume was better than hers, and he took more candy. It was a little weird. :lol:

5. MissAshlee

MissAshlee Newbie

I think trick or treating is more for the kids but there is nothing wrong with older people wanting candy. xD

6. GhettoNeopet

GhettoNeopet Level II

Bah! As long as you enjoy it, there shouldn't be an age limit.
    If people think it's weird it's their problem. Just go out and do it.
    But only if you have a costume.

7. zergses

zergses Level II

well i live in Australia so we never had Halloween which always burned me up inside because growing up as a kid and watching it on tv made me so envious. Bottom line is that if i ever happen to be in America during Halloween, i dont care how old i am, im going TRICK OR TREATING! :p

take that anti non-children trick-or-treaters

8. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

pssh I went trick-or-treating this year (though it was only for 20 minutes) and I'm 17 :D

9. dee123123

dee123123 Level II

I'll probably say you're too old after high school...

10. gaspanior

gaspanior Level I

I think this depends on the type of people you hang out with. I'm 21 and me and my friends still dress up and go trick or treating. When we get back to our house though we take the candy we got and pass it out to younger trick or treaters. We do this because we just like the aspect of trick or treating but think the younger kids would appreciate the candy more. Hell we'll probably go trick or treating till we're 30 lol.

11. vince

vince Newbie

I think if you're just joking with your friends, then you could be any age and it'd be funny.
    But for the kids, I think 13 is old enough to stop seriously going trick or treating. xD

12. orangejellybean

orangejellybean Level III

Im in grade 9 and i went trick or treating..
    but only till like 730 then I went to a party. XD

13. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Hey! I went trick or treating when I was grade 10 ok?? =P Probably because my height of 4"12 is quite deceiving and allows me to pass as a kid. I was never big on the dress up part. All I ever had was a vampire cape and a set of glow in the dark teeth =P

The past two years I didn't go at all. Then next year, screw the candy when I can party hard >=)

14. orangejellybean

I agree. Party hardy is way more fun. >D.
    But you know, i used to love making up wacky coustumes for me to wear. One year I was a clock. :lol:

15. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Someone was a TI83 + last year at school :lol:
    I remember when I was little my parents bought me a bumble bee suit..but never let me out..I was only 4 though; They gave me candy from home that we were handing out.

Then again is it just me or has halloween spirit been declining year after year? The days when I went ToT, I saw lots of people, the streets were so busy and full of ToTers. I think the debate here isn't about age, it's about whether the newer generation will carry this sort of thing on instead of wanting to play games and whatever they do these days XD

16. Adam

Adam Level III

Not gonna read all thats been said already, ill just pitch in my bit. You can trick or treat wen ur 23 for all anyone cares the only thing is... If anybody determines that you are too old to be trick or treating, they have EVERY RIGHT to egg the hell out of you. If your 17 and go trick or treating, like alot of my friends did, thats totally cool and fine, as long as they take it like an "adult" wen they get egged dirty style. :) Typically girls dont have to worry about getting egged egging girls is fundamentally wrong... im really only talking about a buncha guys going around to get free food, its like open season on those dudes.

17. orangejellybean

Yea no kidding. Like last year, we had around 100 kids come to the door, and this year only around like, 30.
    Whatevs. More leftover candy for me. :D

18. FunnyMonkey

FunnyMonkey Level I

If you're a 40 year old guy living in your mother's basement, you might qualify as being "too old" o_O
    But other than that, fair game!
    My friends don't want to go trick or treating because they are "too old", I say "too bad". More candeh for me :p

19. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

That is awesome, though a TI89 would be awesomer. :D

I didn't actually get much candy this year but went to target afterward and bought loads of cheap candy. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it...

20. slcemo

slcemo Newbie

Hahaaaa last time i went trick or treating was in 7th grade xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.