1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gift do you give someone else's grandparents?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by crashtestdummies, Jun 15, 2013.

1. crashtestdummies

Serious question. Last xmas I just gave everyone chocolate, since it was my first time meeting my BFF's family. Even though they'd never met me before, I still got presents from everyone. And everyone was so nice. So, now I've got like a second family. Her grandparents are old..like in their late 70's, and ridiculously sweet, but I don't know them that well.

So, discuss, what does one give /someone else's/ grandparents?

2. crashtestdummies

I like, legitimately need suggestions..

3. somethinggirl

somethinggirl Newbie

I'd say something pretty generic like a gift card somewhere they might like ... if you don't know them very well that would be your safest bet, but you could always ask your friend what kinds of things they enjoy and go from there.

4. ekleut

ekleut Level I

That's just weird. Why are you getting someone else grandparents a gift? o_O Get them candy.

5. crashtestdummies

Because they got me gifts. And candy. And took us to several expensive shows. And had me over to their house for dinner. And took us out to dinner. And drove us around. And.. you get the idea. They were EXTREMELY nice to me, it's like I have another set of grandparents now. I got them candy last year, this year I'd like to get them a real gift but I'm not sure what exactly.

6. bunnah

bunnah Level III

Get them a Kama Sutra book ;)

7. crashtestdummies

I think that would give the wrong impression. xD