What impact did WWI have on the world...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Drumstick, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Drumstick

Drumstick Level III

In the years that followed it?
    I have an essay to write; basically, if I don't finish this, I'll fail English. And I was gonna make sure I pass this year, and take next year's English in summer school (retarded english ftw =D)

ANYWAY, I need help. I've hit a wall (not sure if it's just I don't know what to do or something more serious; getting tested for learning disability on monday.) I need help with just one more paragraph, I spent 6 hours today, and I FINALLY got 1k words. IT's supposed to be a 2k word essay, but after 1.5 I'm gonna call it quits. This has to be handed in tomorrow, or else I fail.

Paragraph I need help with:
    I just need help coming up with a paragraph explaining the social/political/economic consequences of WWI. Kind of like a compare the state of living before and after the war.

If you want something in return, just PM me. I don't have much though =( My main LEGIT account got frozen cause they thought I was ABing, even though I just RS well =/

Help someone who needs to pull off a 50 or else he'll have to take Gr 12 english in the fall where it's going to be 2138901284210 times harder?
    Thanks so much for any input. Anything and EVERYTHING is appreciated. I just need this one last paragraph... Then I'll try to get a good conclusion on my own.

Thanks again =)

EDIT: Oh, and if you could link to whatever sources you used, that would be totally amazing.
    Pity accepted as well. =/

2. blindlywaiting

Um... don't really have any sources for this, I'm looking at Wikipedia to refresh my memory. But what I remember from my AP European History Class is basically that WWI had a lot of affects that lead of to the start of WWII, which is a no-brainer. You have the U.S., which has taken on its pacifist role, not wanting to get involved in Europe's affairs, which is a standpoint it took up until the attacking of Pearl Harbor. And of course you had Germany, who was brought down during the war, leaving an open situation for Adolf Hitler to take rise to power by rallying the German people, as he promised to bring them back to glory.

That's a rather basic, rather vague start, I admit, but if you can use Wikipedia, I'd suggest using it. And if not, still go there, because if you look up WWI on there, at the bottom is a list of references, and it looks like several of them lead to websites where you might be able to find more info.

Best of luck! If I find anything else, I'll come back.

3. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

We (the US) pissed Germany off and sent them into a depression (not an emotional, but a financial one). Does that help? XD

4. Chobo

Chobo Level I

Basically as mentioned above, WWI put Germany into a economic downfall; parties like the NAZI party and Communism do well in times of despair.

As a result, Hitler started putting jobs and creating public works that improved the economy and became leader

5. TheMerriTerri

TheMerriTerri Newbie

Both World Wars did a lot to disrupt European economic systems, which is one of the reasons there's such a big economic disparity between the United States and Europe.

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

So, I was just looking at this topic but I couldn't help because I'm late. I was just wondering if you would mind to share your results...maybe see how good/bad the contributions were. It's really up to you though.

7. interhacker

interhacker Level IV

Yes because the uk fighting for the previous 3 years before you entered did nothing.

8. Jubixion

Jubixion Level II

lols im kinda unsure..but for all i know, ww1 caused massive lost of jobs.Gave rise of power to hitler.(eventually led to ww2).arms race.(nuclear race)