1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is "betting section"?

Discussion in 'Contests and Events' started by SoC, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

PLEASE READ BEFORE BETTING! FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN UPSET SOC!

In short, the betting section is a section to bet. You bet FORUM CASH!!!! to win forum cash on any range of events!

The odds will usually just be evens. Eg. betting 5 cash. If you win you win 5 cash. If you lose you lose your 5 cash.

The events can be ANYTHING that any mod seems fit, (99% sport etc) Request an event here {http://www.neofriends.net/betting-section-f98/request-an-event-here-t30099.html} (please nothing small) I would like this if people can request american sport events, as I have NO knowledge.

FAQ's.

Can I place a bet once an event is closed?

Do I really need to say?!

When will events get paid out or our forum cash subtracted?

Whenver I sign on and have a spare 5minutes. PLEASE BE PATIENT! I will aim for within 12hours of an event, but ofcourse real life overrides this. {NB: other mods please do NOT EDIT forum cash for bets as this'll confuse everyone}

Can I cancel a bet?

Nope. Once you hit post it's bet and done. Posts can NOT BE EDITED OR DELETED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. So think carefully :)

Can i discuss my bets?

Yes, there will be a betting thread and a discussion thread for each event. PLEASE USE EACH ONE CORRECTLY!

Can I bet more than once?

You may have one bet PER EVENT. But bet on as many events as possible if you wish.

What if I run out of cash?

Don't gamble what you can't afford to lose :) You'll go on negative cash.

How much Can I bet?

The rule for now is (5+(5*level) = MAX BET! (Min bet = 1)
    Level 1= 10 cash
    level 2 = 15 cash
    level 3 = 20 cash
    level 4 = 25 cash
    level 5 = 30 cash
    Mods = 40 cash.

Example of how to bet: Open a [BET] thread, reply to the thread saying BET X on Y.
    Eg: Bet 10 on Manchester united to win.

Code (Text):
    1. General Rules
    3. Football
    5.     * Unless stated otherwise, all bets are settled on the result after 90 minutes play which includes any injury time but does not include extra time, golden goal or penalty shootouts.
    8. Formula One
    10.     * All bets will be settled on the result at the end of the race, with the podium presentation deemed the official weigh-in for settling purposes. Subsequent disqualifications and amended results do not count.
    11.     * Any driver who does not start the race will be deemed as a non-runner and bets on that particular driver will be settled as void.
    12.     * The start of the race will be deemed as the beginning of the formation lap with any driver opting to start from the pit-lane also deemed to be a starter for race purposes.
    13.     * In the event that three or more teams withdraw after qualifying has been completed and before the first green light to signal the start of the race following the formation lap, all bets on the race will be made void.
    14.     * In the event of two drivers recording the same time, all bets will be settled according to FIA Classifications.
    17. Rugby
    19.     * Unless stated otherwise, all betting is for 80 minutes play only, i.e. extra time does not count.
    22. Snooker
    24.     * If the match starts but is not completed, the player progressing to the next round will be classed as the winner.
    26. Others: Will sort it out once we add more events
    NB: all posts here are uneditable and gain 0 forum cash.

Any questions feel FREE TO ASK!

2. domini212

domini212 Level III

I wish we had this for the baseball world series :(

3. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

Any chance of adding NHL, NBA, NCAA football (bowl season coming up fast!), and NCAA basketball?

What about Pacquiao vs Cotto this saturday?

4. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Guys please use the event request thread for events requests!!!!!

This is for genereal questions.
    I'll look into all requests asap.

*finds some american news website that will have the info he needs*

5. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Newbie

Sorry if I sound dumb but can this be converted to real cash?

6. fail

fail Level IV

i doubt it.