Who is your most Favorite Band/Artist and why??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Clumsy, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

K so I am infinitely bored at work...and while I am shuffling through my Itunes I was wondering if anyone else is like me in that they have one favorite band and have every one of their songs ever written :lol:
    For me, my favorite band is Our Lady Peace. I started listening to them in 1994-ish and I have bought every one of their seven studio albums and three live/compilation albums. I know all of their songs - like I mean every word. I go to whatever concert that I can (even went so far as to go across the country this summer to see them XD). People ask me what it is about them that I like so much, I guess it is mostly that their music pretty much got me through my life to where I am today. The lyrics are amazing and the music is superb - and it just speaks to me somehow. I am sure there are other people out there on NF that have bands that they love to death and I'd like to know who you stalk in the music world :funky:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_Peace Clicky there if you want to know more about O.L.P. :pando2:​

2. Galifanakis

Galifanakis Level I

I like a lot of different artists, and my favourite tends to change pretty often. Currently I'm on a Sondheim kick, listening to various recordings of his amazing musicals. A more... er, typical choice? Gary Allan, for right now. The stuff he recorded after his wife's suicide. There's this pain in his voice that really gets to me, emotionally. Not always the best best stuff, but I enjoy it.

3. powerof0

powerof0 Level III

I don't follow any band, because they all sound kind of the same to me, especially if they are the same genre. Also, for some reason I can't seem to understand the lyrics as they are being sung, which makes listening to popular music rather boring. If only I could have the ability to appreciate popular music...

4. purple315

purple315 Level III

Well you said artist so I'll include my favorite rapper since I don't listen to rock. My favorite rapper is immortal technique because he speaks about serious political and economic issues going on in the world. He has amazing lyrics, flow, and actually talks about things that matter.

5. wasserdrop

wasserdrop Newbie

i love sara bareilles, alice smith, duffy, kate nash, amy winehouse and nelly furtado because theirs songs are different... and affects me ;) <3

6. Lully

Lully Level I

I spent my life worshipping Edith Piaf, Aznavour and Jacques Brel, but I have recently found a brazilian singer/composer named Chico Buarque who is absolutely amazing...
    Oh, and I also love Liza Minelli, Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald...
    But my diva will always be Maria Callas... I just wish I had half of her voice...

7. Kaden

Kaden Level I

I dont really have 1 fav band, but if i had to pick one, atm its Parkway Drive.

I like a lot of other rock/metal/hardcore as well, like rise against, protest the hero, alexisonfire, the fall of troy, killswitch engage...

Parkway Drive just have this rhythm that I love. the fast riffs/lyrics (when you can understand em) tie in well with the drumming and stuff......

just works well =P

good songs if you wanna check em out:
    Romance is Dead.
    Carrion.
    Sleepwalker.

Romance is dead is one of my favorite songs...

8. rmiles87

rmiles87 Level II

I like a lot of different music and go to as many concerts as i can.
    I've seen 5 of the 6 bands Kaden mentioned but i think rise against will always be my favorite.
    I've seen them live 6 times and it is worth it every time.

9. number460

number460 Level I

Well, my favourite is demi lovato, and the reason is she can actually sing her songs, because she has a strong voice. She doesn't need to use auto-tune unlike a lot of the other singers out there who sing because they're popular but can't really sing.

10. av_eric

av_eric Level II

I am a die hard Bon Jovi fan.

11. Varren

Varren Level I

My favourites tend to change quickly because I will hear a song by someone and then that person will be my favourite until I find another one. Currently it's a tie between the Arrogant worms and Three Dead TRolls in a Baggie. You should all check out the songs The Last Saskatchewan Pirate and The War of 1812 =) They are clever and hilarious, and altogether awesome.

12. azuraa

azuraa Newbie

i enjoy enrique iglesias...like seriously, he is amazing.

As of late, i have enjoyed the musical stylings of adam lambert =3.

I enjoy both because of their voices and theyre lyrics are just awesome.

13. itunes

itunes Level II

Yep. Daughtry for me :)

14. TtotheJay

TtotheJay Level II

My favorite band would have to be Umphreys McGee, They're a Progressive rock jam band with jazz, prog metal, reggae and all different style influences. Their lyrics are very meaningful and they speak to my soul. I love them

I also like Widespread Panic which is like swamp rock I guess you could say, bluesy rock jam. It's good stuff. They have different styles as well.

For rap I like Tech N9NE!!! Jurassic 5, Atmosphere..

I enjoy some Grateful Dead from time to time too.

Gotta love good music :)

15. zikaroo

zikaroo Level I

My most favorite band would be Coldplay some of there music just makes me wanna boogie ;)

16. mursu

mursu Newbie

My favourite is Paramore, because the music is soooo full of energy, love it.

17. xavarn10

xavarn10 Level I

I'd have to say by far eminem is my favorite artist because his lyrics are not just dumb hip hop lyrics of today's culture, they are filled with truth, passion, and most importantly experience. (And his songs are catchy :p )

18. pandora

pandora Level I

Of all time it has to be beyonce, i think she has one of the most powerful voices ever.

19. seanmane

seanmane Level II

my favorite artist is definitely Wiz Khalifa. if you havent listened to him before and you like rap go listen to him. he is great and his lyrics are sooooo smooth.

kinda not appropriate songs for youngins tho

20. sorrowniteshade

sorrowniteshade Level I

Disturbed, Slipknot, All that Remains, Avenged Sevenfold, Devil Wears Prada.

All very good, if your into harder kinds of music.