Windows, Mac, or Linux.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Bankai, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Bankai

Bankai Level I

Yes, that's right, a debate about which is better and why. I'm going to start off, obviously X3

Personally, I go with Windows. It's the one operating system that most people are familiar with. It's easily navigational. Most DL's are like all windows. Linux is strange, has a like a version like Windows, and then one more like the Mac, and then one strange one that's has nothing to do with anything.....any who, Mac's are great, they are honestly baller, but in my eyes,hard to navigate through...but hey that's just me..what are your kiddos choices and opinions?

2. Patty

Patty Level III

windows all the way...ive been using it since i got my computer

apple is sort of alrite, i think i mite switch when i go to college

3. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

Linux all the way. I like windows, I'm not one of those who say "hey look at m$ they just suck as windows does!" all the times, but I have to admit that Linux is the greatest OS in the world. It's been entirely developed by USERS, it has an extensibility windows could only dream of. It's free, you can choose among packets which do the same thing and, most important part, it's free. There's also wine, which can run some .exe files and you can do almost anything in it. Try searching on youtube for "compiz effects" and see what linux is capable of with a software which was made by people who don't get paid for it. Also, linux doesn't force you to use things you don't like. You can customize it all.

4. Star

Star Level I

I'm voting windows just because there are more extras and options that you can do to personalize your computing needs. Also because it is old-school and people know more about it than other programs, which to me, seems like it is more reliable.

5. CrC

CrC Level II

Windows, because well, mostly because I dislike all those who go around trying to convert people to mac like its a religion or something. Those mac ads bug me, and its because they can't show any windows commercials on TV due to a monopoly. I remember something about how Windows had to advertise for them. That and safari is horrible compared to firefox and IE. At least FF has finally come out on mac making it slightly better... and its FF that helped it do better. Windows also gains favorite due to most software being compatible on it, Finally, the steps you have to go through to get a simple text document (or at least used to) was such a pain.

6. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Linux is far better than any other OS in terms of everything except gaming and certain specialty usages. Its raw computational speed is better than Windows by ~1.5-2x. For practical uses, the speed difference is even greater, several times faster than Windows. Some people claim that they won't use Linux because it doesn't come with the "customer support" that comes with Windows. That's an absolute joke if anyone has ever used commercial customer support before. With Linux comes an entire community of computer gurus who can help you solve almost any problem within a day or two. The Linux community is your greatest asset when you need help.

Some people like Window's and Mac's eyecandy. Linux has more. Look up "compiz fusion" on YouTube and see what I mean. ;)

7. btr3s

btr3s Level II

Windows all they way.
    I don't find Mac user-friendly and I have never tried Linux.

8. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

I mostly use windows, but I like mac. It looks cool, and has alot of features for designers (pixelmator is way better than photoshop).
    It also has great graphic rendering, very (if not none at all) little vulnerabilities and possible virus attacks (lets just forget about macbook air)

But as im used to windows and all, windows will do with me, unless, you're willing to pay for the extra costs of a mac.

9. piggybepink

piggybepink Level II

Macs look too good to dislike. After getting used to working with it, I don't dislike it anymore or think it too much of a hassle.

But, man, Windows. Worked with it for too long to give it up. P:

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Windows, I really like, although Linux is like 10x more customizable, etc. I still like Windows, though because I really don't find a need to have anything for Linux :p

And, it's (Windows) compatible with some of the programs I must have :)

11. BlazinDivah

BlazinDivah Level III

im using windows (which i normally enjoy) but its Vista :(
    Im getting used to it but it was a big change for me.. but im getting used to the lovely updates.
    Please do not gravedig

12. Similius

Similius Level II

Im voting Windows, just because I use it atm, and have always used it. ( yeah I know, not a very good reason ).
    Vista was terrible though, I switched back to XP..

13. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Windows too.

I have Vista on my laptop, I'm proud of it <3

14. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna Level III

I saw a stupid t-shirt once, and it went like:
    Use the right OS for the right thing:
    Linux for Servers,
    Palm for mobility,
    Mac for Graphics,
    and Windows for Solitaire.

I run Ubuntu Linux on my laptop right now, and I just put Windows 7 on here as well.
    It didn't play nice, dad had to fix it so I could get back to my Linux.
    I used to have Vista, but I never used it.
    One of our desktops has Vista, and it works alright because the computer is very powerful.
    We've got two other desktops that run XP, and they're wonderful, of course.

And I remember playing Nanosaur at school on the old Macs :D It was great

so my vote is for Windows,
    even though I love my Linux <3

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Level II

All three are good for different reasons.

Windows is obviously most widely used so the most likely to be programmed for. The games are the best, when they work, and they have the best support in my opinion.

Linux is good for hackers and programmers. It can be super complicated, but at least its free.

Macs are great for graphic designers.

16. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..
    Windows is the best, simply because that's the only one I've ever used.
    Though I've seen the design of the Mac, and if you're used to it, it looks.. complicated.

17. WEARD

WEARD Level II

Mac is useful for Photoshop and program like this.
    But Windows have more support !

18. Arkley

Arkley Level III

I'll just leave this here

[​IMG]

19. souske88

souske88 Level I

PC is for dedicated gamers - it has many softwares, addons, etc that enhances the gaming experience. PCs' are, however, prone to viruses and whatnot. Anti-virus may help in this aspect, but they need to stay vigilant to avoid being infected.

MAC is for those who want a fast computer with lots of build in applications like movie editor and whatnot. It is less likely to attract viruses and great interface. I would prefer mac over pc.